Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ydiarte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Absent husband
    My husband has abandoned me, I can't find him anywhere. He did tell me that he would never give me a divorce. Can I get a divorce without is help? Doesn't he have to be served divorce papers in order for the divorce to proceed? This is in calif.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 05:08 PM
    If you know where he is, you have to report this, if you really don't, you provide the court with the info you have, certain levels of searches have to be done, as well as posting in legal section of the newspaper ( in most areas) But if he really can not be found, then yes it can be.
    If you do know and lie and he proves this, then it is possible for him to go back to revisit the divorce.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ydiarte
    my husband has abandoned me, i can't find him anywhere. he did tell me that he would never give me a divorce. can i get a divorce without is help? doesn't he have to be served divorce papers in order for the divorce to proceed? this is in calif.
    Your husband cannot keep you from getting a divorce; you do not need his help. You should review your case with a good matrimonial lawyer and get the technicalities right the first time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Primary vs. Absent Parent [ 4 Answers ]

Does the absent parent have the same rights as a primary parent? Can they do whatever they want with the kids withought your consient? For ex... can they cut the kids hair if you disagree?

Hkdrvr is absent [ 1 Answers ]

HKDRVR is absent and get message re EPower Utility Initialization. There is no start button on the star program and I cannot go further. What has happened? How to replace?

Absent Father [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son whose father has been absent his entire life. Meaning no child support. He does call occasionally but he doesn't give me one dime for my son. He says he loves my son and what not. Is there a way I could terminate his parental rights?

How to cope with absent husband? [ 5 Answers ]

I miss my husband so much, I need him lot, I am not sure when I am going to see him again, but I do talk with him on the phone, what is good, but still, I miss him a lot and I think the babies too, what can I do not to feel so depressed?

View more questions Search