Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Colliebdgrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Website builder
    So I'm just curious, I'm working on a project for my dad's company. It's a 1031 leverage, exchange stuff. Anyway my question, is where can I find someone to help creat a website for him. He has one made, but they want to totally revamp it, and they have to have a login page and what not. For security reasons, so can anyone helpp me? I don't want to build it myself, and I need to get in contact with someone who would be able to build this for him. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2008, 01:11 PM
    If you want, go look on craigslist.org or guru.com to search for people that can do this sort of thing.

If you live near a university, you can also advertise there.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Good suggestion above!

You can also look into buying Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is a software that aids you in building websites. It is fairly easy to use and comes with an instructional handbook. I use it and recommend it very highly. :)
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Apr 18, 2008, 04:23 PM
    You can post a project and get bids at Guru (mentioned earlier) or one of these other sites. All are good. Choose a developer who's done several projects and has been highly rated by his/her employers:

Guru.com
    Elance.com
    RentaCoder.com

If for some reason you decide you want to build a site yourself, I have a different take on DreamWeaver: it is expensive, and oriented toward the professional developer. Here are alternatives for Windows and the Mac that are powerful, create great sites, and don't cost an arm and a leg (each cost under 50USD, DreamWeaver is around 300USD):

Windows: WebEasy Professional
    Mac: RapidWeaver

Vasily
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Wow, I have never paid that much for Dreamweaver.

Good for you for offering something a little more affordable. :)
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Apr 18, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Wow, I have never paid that much for Dreamweaver.

Good for you for offering something a little more affordable. :)
    If you were purchasing an academic version you probably got a great deal. On Pricegrabber, DreamWeaver CS3 ranges in price from $273.99 - $540.86 (US dollars).

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find who the builder of my home was? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Plant City, Florida, and am curious to learn who the builder of our rental house was. I've performed various online searches, but haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance!

Sued a Builder [ 2 Answers ]

In 2002 we sued a Builder due to the negligence on his part of not paying contractors and then taking all the money we had in the account for the construction draws. The bank was not to release the funds without our permission in which they did not care. We got a judgement against the builder, but...

New Home W/builder warranty [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a newly constructed home and it has a 1 yr "builder warranty". I am slowing finding some issues that need corrected like "lack of insulation" in the attic, garage, etc to name one. The builder is reluctant to provide the correct level of insulated protection and I feel he is not in...

View more questions Search