Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peanutbutterrab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 11:29 PM
    vintage cartoon with candyland theme
    My sister and I are trying to remember the name of an old cartoon we used to watch when we were little. Some details of the toon are:
    The lead character is a poor candy girl (girl made of candy herself), who eventually becomes the princess of candyland.
    The candies and pastries sing and dance, and I recall one song that went something like
    "were the devil's food cakes, were the devil's food cakes...were naughty, but were nice, were nice and naughty, yeah man!" I cannot get this cartoon out of my head, and I need some help remembering the actual title. Please help!
    Most likely a 1930's cartoon.
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Apr 18, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Little Audrey cartoon - Flowers and Tarts
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Apr 18, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Or 'Little Audrey cartoon - Butterscotch And Soda'

I might be way off with both!
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2008, 02:09 PM
    I believe it is tarts and flowers or flowers and tarts... I had the collection of little audrey cartoons when I was young.
    peanutbutterrab Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Thank you both, but I'm almost certain Little Audrey's version isn't the one Im looking for. I just youtubed it :/
    Maybe I just dreamt it all... thanks for your help though!
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2008, 09:11 PM
    Weird... but you're right... now that I look at your post more... little audrey doesn't become the princess... and the devils food cakes don't sing a song. Sorry... I will look some more.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 24, 2008, 02:53 PM
    You didn't dream it, I know what your talking about but I also cannot think of the name.
    PyromaniacMaide Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 02:40 PM
    I believe the cartoon you're looking for is "Cookie Carnival".

YouTube - The Cookie Carnival
    rozms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Are you looking for this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TcRohLJx6g (Somewhere In DreamLand)? It doesn't fit in with the part about the girl being made of candy in the end, but the rest of it sounds like this cartoon, which I loved to watch when I was little (at Christmas). It was on a VHS that also had Christmas Comes But Once A Year, a sing along with ducks(?) and some others
    dontwanttomake Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2010, 09:07 AM
    It was bothering me also. I found it finally. The Devil's food portion was not as spectacular as my childhood memory. Still a great cartoon :-)

The Cookie Carnival
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRB2YlQOSBI
    AllyRich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 09:34 AM
    Wow. I have been searching for this cartoon for quite a while and I am so glad I found this page. Thanks everyone for your input. It's odd how one memory actually translates into several movies mentioned here. I watched all of these as a child and this brings back so many memories. The one 'Somewhere in Dreamland' was definitely the one I was searching for, but it's great to see all of these again. Thanks everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas... Maybe that was a bit early but, best wishes all the same!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s/90s cartoon about a doll where reality goes to a cartoon [ 19 Answers ]

There was a doll that a movie was made about or vice versa, I can't remember. Anyway, these 2 girls, one is the doll, crawl through a little toy tunnel type thing and turn into a cartoon. They meet a rich spoiled girl and she has all these amazing toys in a huge room in her mansion. Then there is a...

Title of 2 movies- one 70's/80's darl cartoon other 50's? Fairy theme [ 10 Answers ]

One movie Ive been searching for a long time is about fairys. I remember it being in grey then it turns to color at some point. I think the setting is in Ireland and there's a man there visiting. Hes somehow gotten himself with some fairys and I remember one was named Violet. They liked each other....

90's short cartoon about a vampire and his nightmares cartoon [ 2 Answers ]

I remember a short time toon I used to watch on the early 90's and now I forgot the name. It was about a vampire that did something and he ends up dead. But all that it was only a nightmare! When he dies in his dream, he wakes up and then goes back to sleep, closing his cofin. The toon must be...

Vintage Film Sizes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I recently started collecting vintage cameras, so far in my collection I have an Ansco Shur Shot (1950's box), an Kodak Instamatic 124 (1966-71), and an Eastman Kodak (1920's not sure what kind yet). I also have my trusty Nikon D50. I am looking for film for these cameras or a re-spooling...

Vintage Voltage [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a lighting company called Vintage Voltage? They sell beautiful well priced chandeliers. If you have heard of them do you have contact info?

View more questions Search