Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illmatic Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Too much sleep what do you think
    Hi I've been going to sleep at 2,3,4 in the morning and waking up at 2,that means I get around twelve hours of sleep.I droped out of high school so I don't got to wake up anymore you think thaat something will happen to me health wise from getting too much sleeep cuase I heard that 8 hours is too much. What do you sleep.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Well, there have been speculations about how too much sleep/too little sleep shortens your life... but there's no real medical reason to back it up.

As far as your health goes, as long as you're perfectly healthy, there's nothing wrong with sleeping 12 hours... however, it may affect you as a person. Do you feel like you're accomplishing anything when you wake up at 2pm

I'm a pre-med college student with 2 jobs... so sleep is a luxury. I sleep anywhere from 2 - 5 hours a day. Usually 5 on the weekends.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 07:15 PM
    I use to sleep a lot and it was mostly because of not enough vitamins and minerals.
    Plus the more you sleep and the less you do the less motivation you have and it ends up being a lifestyle of no motivation, procrastination, laziness, etc...
    Eat healthier and exercise. Also motivate yourself with things that interest you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Working a evening job? If not working, sounds like you need some activity in your life.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Could be boredom or depression active here.
    daycbrd Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Yes defen! It affects your appearance, u age wayyy faster when you over sleep. I say just maybe try get back in school, or get a job where you go in at least at 8 am. Getting that fresh air in the morning is super for your skin. And over sleeping make you fat too :/

You can do it [: mind over body love

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't sleep [ 17 Answers ]

Since the middle of September, I have not been able to fall asleep. In September, I was raped. For a long time when I would try to sleep afterwards, I would see him. I was so frightened, that I would fight with myself to stay awake. Slowly the images faded, but I was having difficulty falling...

Can't sleep! [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been sober for 3 months and since then he has trouble sleeping. It's really hard on both of us! He has gone to his doctors and the first time he just gave him advice. The second time he gave him anti-depressants and said it should help him. Has anyone ever experienced this before?...

Can't sleep [ 10 Answers ]

For the past 5 yrs I have been waking up in the middle of the night to eat. I usually wake up every hour on the hour. I've tried tylenol PM's Advil PM's Niquil and nothing will keep me asleep. Any sugestions ( besides seeing a DR.)

Now she won't sleep at all [ 5 Answers ]

It has been a week of crate training so far for our 10 week old beagle. We had some problems with her pooping in her crate, found out she had worms and diharia, stool is now firm sometimes and super loose others. She is on a pill for her diharia and we gave her her worm pill last night. She is...

Sleep [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question that is for anyone who knows anything about sleep disorders or dream interpretations. Anyone think they can help?

View more questions Search