Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pig Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2006, 02:19 AM
    Error message
    I am trying to fix my computer. At shut down, I keep getting a drwts.32 error and a dwwin.exe. Error. Any idea what it is and how to fix it?
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Feb 15, 2006, 02:53 AM
    Hi,
    Are you keeping any of your programs running while you shut down the PC?
    If yes quit from all those programs first and try. I am sure it will be something related to the registry of some programs like Gamepads, Yahoo etc. which is to be corrected. Find out which programs are running while you get the error message.

Feb 15, 2006, 03:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAVED
    Hi,
    Are you keeping any of your programs running while you shut down the PC?
    If yes quit from all those programs first and try. I am sure it will be something related to the registry of some programs like Gamepads, Yahoo etc. which is to be corrected. Find out which programs are running while you get the error message.
    Thanks for the response. I shut down all programs prior to shutting down. I do not have Gamepad. I just finished replacing software for HP products, which has corrected some of my previous troubles. Now these 2 errors remain. HP cannot tell me how to fix them.

Feb 15, 2006, 04:29 AM
    Hi,
    Can you clarify one more thing? The second errror you mentioned is drwts.32. Is it drwtsn32?

Feb 15, 2006, 05:25 AM
    It coould be. The error showed up as I was shutting down th ecomputer. I barely got this much.

Hi,
    Can you clarify one more thing? The second errror you mentioned is drwts.32. Is it drwtsn32?

Feb 15, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Hi,
    Dwwin.exe and dwrtsn32 are Dr Watson which is used by the error reporting tool. Many security related applications will give warning notes about this file trying to read, write or modify a number of other .exe files. This is not something which you have to worrry because it is only trying to find out the events that it believes is causing problems that may lead to crashing.

You can find the error log from dwtsn32 and find out which applications are conflicting with the tool.
    Click Start > Run, Type drwtsn32 > Click Ok. A window will pop up with the details of the error log

Normally NAV (Norton Anti virus) will have some conflicts with this tool. There might be some new softwares as well creating this log error.

Feb 17, 2006, 01:44 AM
    Well SHAVED, I tried what you described below and it appears to have worked. If it comes up again in the next couple of days, you can expect to see another email. :D Thanks again.

Hi,
    dwwin.exe and dwrtsn32 are Dr Watson which is used by the error reporting tool. Many security related applications will give warning notes about this file trying to read, write or modify a number of other .exe files. This is not something which you have to worrry because it is only trying to find out the events that it believes is causing problems that may lead to crashing.

You can find the error log from dwtsn32 and find out which applications are conflicting with the tool.
    Click Start > Run, Type drwtsn32 > Click Ok. A window will pop up with the details of the error log

Normally NAV (Norton Anti virus) will have some conflicts with this tool. There might be some new softwares as well creating this log error.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Far Cry Error Message [ 5 Answers ]

I installed and updated the game Far Cry, but this Error keeps coming up: "Please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application " I have unticked the Emulation programs that I can think of. ( Alcohol, and uninstalled Ghost9 and Clone DVD2 ). Nothing works, put in CD, click Icon...

DVD Error Message [ 2 Answers ]

I've got Power DVD 5.0 and every time I try to play a Copyright Protected DVD, I get the error message "TV out port not configured properly", with the details being "Can't play copyright protected DVDs with TV out function enabled". I have looked in the WinME help and support page. My graphics...

Error message [ 1 Answers ]

Error message when trying to save a web page. Please help me Marthie

Error message [ 4 Answers ]

Help me. Every time I turn on my computer I get this message A Fatal Exception OE has occurred at 0028:00c9106c. The current application will be terminated. I am using Windows 98SE What does this mean message mean and how do I fix it?

Error message [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I just bought my new dell PC, when I was setting it up, I found my mic doewsnt work. It says error message 0x80004005, it then says to install it from my add remove programs but its not in there. I was just wondering what kind of sound card I have in it, should it been SOUNDMAX,and if so...

View more questions Search