Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philly4458 Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Apr 17, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Child support laws in California!
    I have an odd question asked in a different way,

What if a man have 24 different children by various woman, few he had been married to, ages ranges from 6 years old to 30. Now some of the woman are finding him through online research, are they still entitled to sue him for back child support?

The man is a multimillionaire and hadn't paid child support for his children that are now over eighteen years old knowingly eludeding child support for as many as twenty years in some cases.

Few dead beat dads in some states can have their drivers license revolked, be arrested, check garnished, assets frozen etc; but unfortuneatly the rich seems to be able to stall time, miss court dates, and continue stall tactics while living a normal life style without a care in the world

Thank you,

Philly
    ashley0716 Posts: 121, Reputation: 12

Apr 17, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Under normal circumstances he would not be obligated to pay back child support if the child is over 18 (22 if they are still enrolled in school) But this sounds like an extenuating circumstance. Somebody, either the courts or the mothers of the children failed to make this man responsible for his actions. It's possible that if you get enough women together, you can file a law suit and sue him for a nice little settlement. It's also possible that if this man has a reputation at stake, threatening to go public, to the local news station, newspapers, or word of mouth, he may give in, trying to preserve his "good name" He's a millionaire, he ought to be able to afford it. Hope this helps!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 06:11 PM
    The laws on child support will come from the state where the mother of the child lives. All states I know have have statue of limitations for collection, and all have statue of limitations on filling.

So almost all of the grown children ( first they have no standing, only their monthers would) but most of the grown children, their mothers would normally have waited too long. Those mothers still with minor children can still file. But they may want to try and hire an attorney and see if some settlement could be reached

Apr 17, 2008, 06:38 PM
    I have found a lady who thought this man was dead, she has a 6 year old son by him. He was suppose to be in court last Februray instead went to england and was presumed drowned when he took out his dads yauhct, but a week later he contacted his lawyers in the states.

Another twenty three year old lady who's mother was married to him got divorced from him when her daughter was only four years old, the daughter said that she doesn't even have a picture of him and had been looking for him since she was four years old.

On Ophra Whinphey show the tweenty four year old mans mother hired attorney two years ago, he took the case and is suing the dead beat for 20 years of back pay in the state of California because he purposely changed his ssn# and used alias names to avoid paying child support, rather she will win is a?

Philly

Apr 17, 2008, 06:48 PM
    By the way last thought,

A child support claim was filed 20 years ago, he just stopped paying after being ordered by the state to 1,500 per month. Again however he was forced to pay back the state while the mother of the child was on wellfare for a period.

Philly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support After 18 - California Law [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am Concerned Father of an 18 year old daughter. She has been living with her mother since she was 7. Although we had JOINT Custody, the mother would not agree to let my daughter live with me at anytime after the divorce in fear of being alone. After 11 years of faithfully paying child support...

California Child Support and College Tuition [ 2 Answers ]

Does California have a law that would order a parent to continue to pay child support AND tuition so the child could attend college? The support order did not include college when written. Would a new formula be used? The visition changed during the last 3 years as well. Support wasn't ajusted....

Maximum Child Support in California [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a maximum amount of child support that is calculated for someone to pay? In California? I know they use the dissomaster when you are going through the divorce. Now, months later, my ex went to court and got temp full custody for three weeks and they keep continuing it so I haven't seen...

Backdate Child Support in California? [ 1 Answers ]

Can they backdate the child support? I was supposed to have equal time with my children, but my ex went to court and got a temporary full custody order and then they keep continuing it so it has been 6 months since I have seen my children.

Child support laws [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has1 son 2 yrs.we have been paying her 180 week.he had job of 600 /week but changed to 400 per week.. we stayed 4 hrs far from her grandmother house.she stays in Georgia and we stay in tennesse.1 hr far. We applied to court for modification of cs and judge said why don't u move to...

View more questions Search