Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rarequeen Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Cookies
    Does Cookies slow your computer down? Do I need to delete cookies and if so can someone please tell me how?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

May 20, 2008, 04:24 PM
    They do not slow your computer down. They are a way of saving predefined information for your next visit to a web page. For example, if you sign up for a web site like My Yahoo and you customize your personal web page; the next time you return to My Yahoo, it knows who you are. The information is found in a Cookie. You do not have to save your screen name and password if you do not want to.

The down side is that there are some less than honest web sites out there that will use cookies to save marketing information to retrieve it from you like what web sites you visit. They gather this information without regard to your privacy.

The point is that cookies are not bad but they can be used for bad things as well as good things. To delete your cookies, go to Tools, Internet Options and select the General tab. Halfway down, you will see a button called Delete Cookies. If you do this, you better have your web site logons and memberships all saved so that you can use them again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where's the cookies ? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to log into my pay pal account for the first time. It says my browser has to accept cookies?? Can somebody let me know... where are the cookies? I thought it was a bad thing to allow. Many thanks :)

How do you get cookies on your computer [ 5 Answers ]

I was answering a question about cookies and thought someone else Might like to find out more about "TRACKING COOKIES" What Is My IP Address? - What is a Cookie? Cookies are not what you think -- if you think someone is following you They may be seeing what sites you visit and send...

Baking Cookies [ 50 Answers ]

What are other materials that you might use, other than an aluminum cookie sheet, to bake cookies? I am a cooking and baking novice mainly. But, when I do it, I really get into it and love it! :)

Reading cookies [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody help me out? Can anyone tell me how to read cookies? Actually a deceiver hacked my password of Google account and using it and it got to know that he knows the process of reading cookies and he got my password from the cookies.. :p... if I can read the cookies I wll be able to know the...

Cookies [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a page where I can find out who owns the cookies that keep appearing when I do scan?? Toydajo

View more questions Search