Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonja johnson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Suspened drivers license for non-pymt of court ordered child-support.
    I would like to know if and how I can go about getting my license back now that my son has turned 18 years old and is no longer considered a ward of the state. Who do I contact, or what procedures do I need to take? :confused:
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Contact the agency that issues driver licenses in your state. Which state?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Contact Child Support Service Agency in your area first, you have to pay what you owed the state. Then you will be issued a letter to submit to State Department (for your passport) and DMV (for your driver's license).
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 01:56 AM
    Do you still owe child support in which you have been in arrears? It would be helpful to know that...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sonja johnson
    i would like to know if and how i can go about getting my license back now that my son has turned 18 years old and is no longer considered a ward of the state. who do i contact, or what procedures do i need to take? :confused:

Pay the back support, you'll get a form letter to give to DMV, your license will be reinstated - at least in NYS.

You will not be reinstated until you pay in full (again, in NYS).
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Same in every state, you have to pay child support in full, to be able to reinstate your driver's license and passport.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sonja johnson
    i would like to know if and how i can go about getting my license back now that my son has turned 18 years old and is no longer considered a ward of the state. who do i contact, or what procedures do i need to take? :confused:

Hopefully your posts will combined - they contain differing info about the legal status of your son, which is quite confusing to the people trying to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Child support/No license [ 8 Answers ]

My son-in-law lost his license for not paying child support. This Happened over a year ago. He has had a full-time job now for 14 months where his wages were attached. What does he needto do to get his license back?

Paternity Results before child support can be ordered? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the proper procedure? When my son's "so-called" daughter was 5, he received papers saying he was going to court for child support. How can they prove the child was his? A paternity test~ right? This girl could not receive WIC or other support because she earned too much at her job since...

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

Child Support Court [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my child's father have a child support court date for Feb. 12th Currently he is only making $9.00 per hour (we are in the state of NC by the way) But here in a couple of weeks he will be going back to work doing block work making $17.00 an hour. Im sure he is not going to be going back...

Court ordered Mediation vs Court Trial [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, I'm going into a mediation next month concerning a past credit card debt that I am being sued for. I plan on using the SOL defense as the date of last activity falls past the statute date. Anyhow, I was wondering what the difference between a Court ordered mediation and a normal...

View more questions Search