Ask
    laticious Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 02:09 PM
    I'm trying to find out who my boyfriends parents are he's adopted
    I'm trying to find out who my boyfriends parents are he's adopted
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 02:48 PM
    No one is going to give you that information if you are not connected to him. Only he can initiate a search for his birth parents if he knows where he was born, hospital, whatever. Has he asked you to do this because he wants to know ?

Apr 17, 2008, 02:52 PM
    To tickle... he is to scared to find out on his own... how do I encourage him... or what would you do if the love of your life wouldn't open up as much cause of all that pain inside
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laticious
    to tickle.... he is to scared to find out on his own ... how do i encourage him... or what would you do if the love of your life wouldnt open up as much cause of all that pain inside
    Oh now, this sounds more like you want to know than anything else. He will do it when he is ready if ever he is, you can't make him do this or encourage him to either. This is all in him, if he wants to then he will, if he doesn't then please don't pressure him into doing so! Hugs, I hope it all works out!

Apr 17, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Guess your right... soooo can anybody help me out with this feeling I'm feelings for him
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
    What exactly is going on that makes you think this is the "heart" of the problem. Something are just better left alone, you know?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
    I understand your frustrations as my husband was adopted. However, unfortunately, you alone cannot find out who his parents are. He must be the one to initiate the search. If he does not want to, that is his choice.

You can't encourage him to do this, it may cause more pain for him than he already holds. If and when he wants to find out, he will start the search. But until then just be his girlfriend and support whatever decision he makes.

Apr 17, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Welll till tomorrow then
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Yes, first most people who are adopted do not have a real need or desire to find the sperm donors, they realise that the parents who raised them are their real parents and they are completely happy with that.

But beyond that, they can paste info on varoius web sites, they can talk to their parents who often may know more info about the adoption.
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Yes, getting back ground info (with his consent) would be the first place to start. Just remember that he should give you permission to pursue on this issue. It would hurt him to know you were doing this behind his back!
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Apr 18, 2008, 11:40 AM
    laticious,
    Please join an Adoption Search and Support Group. You can find them at yahoogroups or googlegroups.com.
    Join one that is in the state that he was born into. If you know what state he was born in, that is!
    If you don't, join a support group that he was adopted into.
    Hope this helps.
    There is also a good one called Soaring Angels. They can be found on yahoogroups.com
    There is nothing wrong with you helping out your guy! Plenty of us gals, do it all of the time. Nothing ventured, nothing earned. But you will need his help, consent and information in order to proceed to a positive outcome.
    MOST adoptee's do wonder. And most search at different points in their lifetimes. Some more intense, than others.
    Personal note:
    It is an individual choice. It is an individual journey. As an adult, I need no ones permission. It is my past. It is my future. It is my life. It is my family. It is my Vital Record. It is my heritage. It is my biology. It is mine, I own all of it. Even the outcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find my adopted brother? [ 4 Answers ]

Can any one please tell me how I might find my adopted brother, he was born in about 1968,in cumbria and went to a family in newcastle,his birth name was brendan tyrone baglee,what are the search avenues I can take legally if any? I'm desperate to find him.

How to find adopted parents? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a brother who had a one night stand with a woman about 3 years ago. He recently (2 months ago) crossed paths with her again. She advised him of a child she had that is possibly his. He asked where the child was? She said the child had been adopted due to her losing her parental rights...

Laws on parents having boyfriends overnight [ 5 Answers ]

Would like to know if there is a law in Texas that states that the parent that the kids live with may not have visits after certain times or a live in boyfriend I've been told its against the law but can't seem to find anything on this law.

Can my dad bring my boyfriends parents to trial? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not entirly sure if this is the right spot for me to ask this question, but I felt that this was the most appropriate topic to ask it in. Basically some backround information: I started dating a guy about a year and 7 months ago. At the time that we started dating I was 15, but now I am 17. ...

Are my parents liable for sister's boyfriends car accident [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is 23, in college, and still on my parent's car insurance plan. She was letting her boyfriend drive her car and they totaled it. One of the passengers in the car was not wearing his seatbelt, was thrown from the car, and is injured very badly. There is no law in Iowa that says he had...

View more questions Search