Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sooziedoozie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Invest estate money in cd
    I am setting up an estate account for my mother's money-can I put some of this money in a short term cd getting a much better rate until the estate is settled? Does the cd have to be at the same bank where I open up the estate account?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 11:06 AM
    There aren't any restrictions on what you can invest the estate's assets in, as long as you invest in a reasonably prudent way. So yes, you can invest in CDs, and do it some place other than where you set up the estate's checking account. However, be sure to consider the liquidity of CDs - you don't want to be trapped in an investment that prevents you from getting cash for the estate's expenses, or that limit your ability to ultimately distribute the assets to the heirs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College Student Looking to Invest - Where to Put My Money? [ 9 Answers ]

Like the title says, I'm a 19 year old college student looking to invest what money I've saved over the last year or so. I've managed to save roughly $10,000 to put towards investing (planning to eventually use it for a down-payment on a home), but my question lies in where to put my money. I...

Real Estate, Getting started with little money [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know how to get started with little to no money buying Real Estate and securing funding to renovate?

Need to be a broker to invest in real estate? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to give real estate a shot. Office job has become dull and boring nowadays. I just want to start it simple, but can I do it without a real estate broker license? Or, since I'm a resident of New York and being a real estate sales person is the 1-year pre-requisite to become a full-pledged...

Estate money [ 2 Answers ]

How do I claim money I received from my mothers estate on my taxes?

View more questions Search