Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wylieguy003 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 06:13 PM
    New blower with no power
    Just bought this ariens 5 hp 22 or so wide, snow blower with 8 speeds and electric start when I start it it starts fine but when iget to snow blowing it just throws it a foot or so and then gets colged it almost seems like it's not spining fast enough or something ?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Feb 14, 2006, 08:49 PM
    My guess is you may have a shear pin broken. With the blower OFF, see if the auger(s) spin freely on the shaft, if it does, the shear pin snapped and it needs replacing. This is common for them to snap to prevent damage to the blower if you hit ice chucks or obstruction that get into the augers.

Feb 15, 2006, 04:44 AM
    No the pins are not broken the augers spin but I just seems like I has no power and it throws snow but I looks like over the last year or so it has thrown the snow less and less distance and now I have to go ungodly slow and it oonly throws it about 3 feet when itt is a 5hp 4 stage motor?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2006, 12:23 PM
    Belt slipping maybe?

Feb 15, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Yea I took te cover off the belt compart meant there is rubber belt shavings all over the place... should I have it serviced?
    Lotta Posts: 124, Reputation: 8

Feb 15, 2006, 02:34 PM
    Replace the rubber belt
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Yes! The belt probably doesn't have much left before it breaks or pops off.
    ste6967 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2006, 08:24 AM
    Make sure you replace it with a GREEN belt bring the belt to any auto parts store steve

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No blower [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a 7 day honeywell thermostat and installed it.(heat pump system) the heat worked fine.. now that it is hot the ac unit is turning on but the blower in the basement is not coming on.. I'm not sure if this worked before I changed thermostat because I just bought the house. However the...

Blower won't come on... [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York furnace and ac unit. The blower won't come on. :mad: The blower motor works I found that no power was going to the blower so I by passed it to stay on all the time. :cool: What I need to know know is what is causing it there is a Honeywell circuit board (ST9120b 1005)...

No AC Power [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, The AC in one my rentals would not come on so I checked all the wiring to see if something was loose, it wasn't. I crossed several combinations and when I plugged the blue wire to the Y terminal the system shut off completely. I bought a new heat pump thermostat but once plugged in, it...

Power cut off [ 3 Answers ]

After working on my PC for a few hours all power drops off. Immediately after, I just un-plug my modem and plug it back in again, the power light comes on and just by unplugging and plugging in the power cable to the back of the tower, it starts again. I don't think it's over heating, could it be a...

View more questions Search