Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by freakingkansas
    But where does it say that this prophecies came true????

And i don't think that God will send the 2 Messiahs on the earth for two different beliefs! Can you explain me why you think the Christians and Islam believe in the same God!
    Nostradamus is considered the greatest seer in history. Yet most of his predictions coming true are subject to interpretation.

I don't "think" that they all believe in the same god. Its established fact. As I said, both Christianity and Islam acknowledge the Old Testament. The god considered the father of Christ is the same god of Abraham, Joseph and Moses. Islam's Allah is also the same God from the Old Testament. If you have really been doing your research you would know this.

Where the religions diverge is in following the teachings of Christ and Mohammed as set down in the New Testament and the Koran.

Mar 30, 2007, 09:16 PM
    so do you think that all this religions are true?
    I don't believe in organized religion period. I believe that ALL religions are a construct of man to explain things they were unexplainable to them. The major purposes of religion is to provide a moral code for people to follow. I DO believe in that moral code to a large extent. But I don't believe in the trappings that people have placed around it.

i just did!
    There are articles which say that its the same and article which say not!
    I haven't gone through that thread. But, I point to the facts. As I said, the facts are that all three major religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) accept the Old Testament as the basis for their religions. Given that fact, they then have to accept the God described in the Old Testament.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 05:21 AM
    I agree with Scott in that the religion is less important to me than a relationship with the God that YOU understand for moral and spiritual guidance.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Freakingkansas,
    Thanks for your post.
    I hope and pray you will do well and be bless in Christianity.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Expert

Apr 1, 2007, 08:56 PM
    What ever you decide is best for you, I hope it works for you!
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Yes,
    I agree with Talaniman.
    Peace and kindness,:) :) :)
    Fred (arcura)

Apr 2, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Comments on this post

RickJ agrees: Even as a rabid Catholic Christian I agree! :)

They have shots for that ::: ducking ::: <eg>
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Yes, I know well there is medicine for that. We call it the Eucharist :D

Touché! :p :p

Peace and Blessings, Scott!
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 09:18 PM
    As a dedicated Catholic I agree.
    The Eucharist works wonders of grace.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Micsadaisy Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by animeluver06
    I have no religion yet and I am 15. My parents decided when i was born to let me pick my own religion but I can't decide. Is it possible for me to go to hell because I dont have a religion? I beleive in god and everything but it seems everytime I start to learn something about a religion it either scares me or I disagree with something. I feel so confused.
    Dear Animulover06,

I was raised in a Catholic church. I was told that God was not going to let me into heaven unless I was good. As a parent, I thought the same as your parents had. I thought I would let my children decide for themselves. God, however, had different plans. He came very abruptly into my life, but very sweetly and quietly too. It is possible to go to hell without Jesus Christ. He is not religion, Child. He is the way the Truth and the Life. No one goes to the Father except through Him. The Holy Scriptures which are breathed by God alone and will stand forever state, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.", and "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." the word "believe" in the Hebrew language means to trust or to obey. If you are looking, it means He is calling you. No one can look for God on their own initiative. Only God can create that desire in you. Don't be afraid or confused. If you have a Bible, start looking and praying. God knows you. God loves you beyond measure. His love and ways are different than ours, so don't look for love the way we love. His is boundless, endless, and everlasting. Many questions will come up. Write to me if you want. I'm here to help. I have been seeking the Lord for 11 years now. I am secure in Him and trust Him completely. Keep seeking. I trust you are in His hands alone. Choose wisely and don't be fooled into other religions. They are all spinoffs of the one true hope. That is Jesus Christ. The reason so many oppose it is because it is of God. The road is wide to destruction (hell) and the path is narrow to salvation. Keep seeking. Trust God. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ alone.
    Micsadaisy Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Dear Animulover06,

I was raised in a Catholic church. I was told that God was not going to let me into heaven unless I was good. As a parent, I thought the same as your parents had. I thought I would let my children decide for themselves. God, however, had different plans. He came very abruptly into my life, but very sweetly and quietly too. It is possible to go to hell without Jesus Christ. He is not religion, Child. He is the way the Truth and the Life. No one goes to the Father except through Him. The Holy Scriptures which are breathed by God alone and will stand forever state, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.", and "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." the word "believe" in the Hebrew language means to trust or to obey. If you are looking, it means He is calling you. No one can look for God on their own initiative. Only God can create that desire in you. Don't be afraid or confused. If you have a Bible, start looking and praying. God knows you. God loves you beyond measure. His love and ways are different than ours, so don't look for love the way we love. His is boundless, endless, and everlasting. Many questions will come up. Write to me if you want. I'm here to help. I have been seeking the Lord for 11 years now. I am secure in Him and trust Him completely. Keep seeking. I trust you are in His hands alone. Choose wisely and don't be fooled into other religions. They are all spinoffs of the one true hope. That is Jesus Christ. The reason so many oppose it is because it is of God. The road is wide to destruction (hell) and the path is narrow to salvation. Keep seeking. Trust God. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ alone.

Apr 3, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Micsadaisy
    Choose wisely and don't be fooled into other religions. They are all spinoffs of the one true hope. That is Jesus Christ. The reason so many oppose it is because it is of God.
    I am happy that you are secure and comfortable in yoiur beliefs. But I believe you do others a disservice by putting down their beliefs as you have in the above quote. Especially when its inaccurate. Christianity is actually a spinoff of Judaism, NOT the other way around.

People "oppose" Christianity mostly because they have found something else that resonates with them as Christianity resonates with you. To say that Christianity is the only one and true hope is to show intolerance towards others.
    animeluver06 Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

Apr 3, 2007, 07:46 PM
    wow thats kinda kool how people are still posting here. It is interesting to see what each person has to say about this. ^-^
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Choose wisely and don't be fooled into other religions.
    And don't be fooled by those that profess to know the truth, as long as you agree with their idea of the truth, your okay with them, but just think on your own or don't toe their line, then they condemn you to eternal damnation. There are those in all religions by the way.

Apr 4, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Micsadaisy
    Okay, Scott, Micsadummy... I am sorry for not using the right words.
    Spinoff was not the correct term. I will fix that with animulover06.
    Apology accepted I hope. And in the future I will be more careful to
    use proper terms. I will not apologize for my comments about Jesus
    Christ being the only way. He is. There is no other way to reach eternal
    life. To tolerate any other explanation about that would be wrong. I
    am not a politically correct person but do not seek to maliciously harm
    anyone else. If the truth hurts or is not accepted, then that will be
    between you and God on the day of judgement. Know that now is the time
    to believe, not afterwards when we all finally know the truth. Have a
    good day, ScottGem. :)
    First, If you want to reply to a thread, use the reply functions. E-mails or PMs should be used only for correspondence of a personal nature.

Second, it wasn't a matter of using the wrong word, but making an incorrect statement. You used the right word for what you were trying to say, but what you were saying is incorrect. Christianity is an outgrowth of Judaism. Its based on the Old Testament. But there are really no religions that "spin off" from Christianity. Judaism is the basis of both Christanity and Islam. Buddhism, Hinduism and other religions are both older than Christianity and stem from different beliefs so there is no "spin off".

Finally, No one is asking you to apologize for your beliefs. If you want to believe what you do and find comfort in it, then I'm happy for you. What you should apologize for is your intolerance. To believe that one can only be "saved" by worshipping a particular way is arrogant.

I've stated before that I don't believe in organized religion. But I do believe that if there is a God watching over us. A God that lifts us to heaven or condemns us to hell on a judgement day. Then such a god would not care HOW we worship him as long as we do worship him.

In my opinion God exists within each of us. In the beauty and intricacy of nature and the world. In the first smile on a newborn's face. In the first bloom of flowers in the spring. In the unique patterns of a snowflake. In the love one can feel for another being. God exists in the way we treat other people. And to tell someone else that they way they choose to worship God is wrong and not the truth, is to mistreat and abuse them. How anyone can take the universal love message of Jesus Christ and pervert it into a my way or the highway attitude is beyond me.
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Choose wisely and don't be fooled into other religions.
    If you see me in line going through the Pearly Gate, don't feel bad about saying HI.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Micsadaisy,
    I agree with your post to Animeluver06 the 15 year old.
    The search for good Christian religious experience MUST be with and through Jesus Christ in regard to what he did, taught, and demonstrated via word ad deed.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred (arcura)
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 10:18 PM
    What about a good spiritual experience that has nothing to do with religion at all? Or a relationship with the GOD that you understand that has no religion?
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 10:31 PM
    talaniman,
    Is there such a thing?
    To me everything spiritual is in some way religious because some form of spiritual belief is needed to have a spiritual experience.
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 10:35 PM
    God has no religion, and neither do I so I disgree that religion is needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Discussing religion [ 24 Answers ]

Why does a seemingly innocent conversation about religious beliefs so often turn into an argument or fight, and sometimes even deteriorate into name-calling, postering, etc? Most religions follow some version of the Golden Rule, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Why then is it so...

Religion [ 9 Answers ]

Well, I was not raised in church, My in-laws quilted me into it when I was about 21. I believed every thing I heard for years, I tried to "prove" it. I felt like I had to see evidence of the spirit. I rasied two kids in church until they were old even to make up their own mind. THEN I started...

Religion [ 1 Answers ]

What is the official teaching of the catholic church regarding people of other faiths ability to get into heven

New religion [ 2 Answers ]

What steps are required to officially register a new religion in the United Kingdom, and with whom do you register?

View more questions Search