Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 05:00 PM
    To All CANADIANS and investors in Canada
    I thought this was information worth sharing with all my fellow Canadians and anyone who has a bank account here in Canada.

The CDIC (Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation), is government insurance that protects up to $60,000 of your money in a bank account in case they go under. So if the CIBC was to go bankrupt, you would get back all your money via the government up to $60,000.

They have now raised that limit to $100,000.

It was apparently announced in the Martin-NDP Budget, and it is retroactive to Feb 23, 2005.

Website reference: http://www.cdic.ca/

Check out some similar questions!

Investors [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not quite ready to publish my book just yet. Maybe within the next few months. But I've heard a writer should have an investor. I've never heard of that. Then again I don't know how publishing works to be honest. Do I need an investor? And how does publishing normally work? Sheesh, or...

Going to Canada [ 5 Answers ]

Did that go into effect to need a passport to go to Canada this year? We want to go up this summer?

Canadians divorcing in Shanghai [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get a divorce if both my wife and myself work and reside in Shanghai? We are both Canadian citizens, wondering if we will have to go back to Canada to file for our divorce or can we get it done here in Shanghai? Any information is greatly appreciated

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.