Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Feb 14, 2006, 01:38 PM
    Audio on website
    What I am trying to do is add audio to my website. I got audio working by using this:
    <embed src="http://myisp.com/me/audio/playlist.m3u"
    type="audio/mpeg" loop="true" hidden="true"
    autostart="true" >
    and then I built a playlist in notepad and added it to my site, put everything in the proper place finally!!! and voilą, everything works ------- as long as I have only .mp3's on my playlist. If I add a .wav file it will not play it. Is there a particular reason, or how can I convert a .wav to .mp3. The .wav is just a voice recording. Any help would be appreciated.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Feb 14, 2006, 04:22 PM
    The reason the WAV file is not working is PROBABLY because you have the type set to MPEG, which MP3 is (MP3 stands for MPEG-layer 3). I believe if you take out the whole 'type' part, it should automatically play whichever type you put in. So try it like this:

<embed src="http://myisp.com/me/audio/audiofile.wav" loop="true" hidden="true" autostart="true" >

It would probably be best to convert the file to MP3 format, though, as they take up less space, and load faster on webpages. You shuold be able to do this easily, with just the windows sound recorder utility.

Click start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound recorder
    Open the file you want to convert
    Click File>Save As
    Where it says Format, click Change
    In the box next to Format, change it to MPEG Layer 3, and select a frequency and bitrate (If you're not sure, the default should work fine)
    Click OK
    Pick a new filename, and add .mp3 to the end of it (for example, myconvertedsound.mp3)
    And click save

Should be able to get you everything you need.
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Feb 14, 2006, 05:16 PM
    I converetd to MP3 with the sound recorder, thanks, didn't know I could do that. Works now, but for future reference. If I just use type="audio", should it play all files on the playlist of varying types?

Thanks
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2006, 02:55 AM
    Just leave out the type. I don't think audio on it's own would be valid. MIME types have two parts separated by a backslash. E.g.:

Text/plain
    Text/html
    Audio/mpeg
    video/quicktime

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Audio [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone explain the basics of car audio to me, or at least show me some sites which do that? I understand that it is wise to have subs, good speakers a nice deck and amps, but I would like to know what the amps actually do. Do they make the subs pound harder? Thanks

Age of website [ 3 Answers ]

Hi pals I want to know the age of web-site, I meant to say when the site was made? When was Its domain registered? And how I can check about informations of perticular site Regarding this topic? Is there any method to know about it? Is there any trick That will show me what is the...

No Audio [ 12 Answers ]

Can anybody tell how to get the noise going on my PVR. I have Audio Device - Creative SB Audigy 2, and Video Device - Winfast TV 2000 XP WDM. I have a picture, but no noise at all.

Using ask me website [ 8 Answers ]

How can I use this website,step by step please,and how can I ask anonymously.thx a lot

View more questions Search