Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanda78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 01:36 PM
    ODD dog behavior
    I have a 2 year old Terrier lab mix... or mutt how ever you look at it. He has developed on behaviors. We often times go to socialize at a friends house who has a dog. They play and have a great time. He never spends the night there or anything. He is very happy while he there. But for the next 2-4 days he refuses to eat, and cowers on the floor and squints his eyes and rolls over on his back when approached or spoken to even from across the room. I wondered if anyone had any ideas on how to mend the situation. We have tried ignoring the behavior, and assuming he will eat when he gets hungry and he usually does, but the cowering and squinting have not gone away and this has me concerned.

Thanks
    Amanda
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 01:46 PM
    Hi,
    I may be "way off base" here, but it does sound like your dog is being "intimated" by the other dog he visits. I know you said they "have a great time together", but something is changing your dog's attitude and personality.
    Usually, when a dog cowers on the floor, he feels he does not have the respect of someone or something, and is afraid.
    As I mentioned, this is only a good educated guess. I am not a Vet. Maybe you could leave him at home the next time you go, and see if his "usual" self starts coming back. I do wish you and he the very best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir I want to know which of the followng is true and which is false about territorial behaviour in animals?please tell me why you say that and if it is possible give me an example too 1-it provides some protection from predators 2-increase intra-specific competition for food Thanks a lot

Unusual cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female tabby cat that is and always has been a loving cat. She lives with us on 6 acres partially wooded. She came in the house after being out for a few hours. She started acting strangely in way of getting up and down out of my lap - meowing very loudly and very suddenly...

Behavior [ 3 Answers ]

Florida, Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a court order behavior order for my 17 yr daughter. She is currently not living at home and I need her to be here so we can access her for drug addiction and possible marchment act.

Pregnancy and cat behavior [ 3 Answers ]

Both my cats have gone missing over the last week. I am nine months pregnant and wondering if this has anything to do with it? I have put out flyers and checked with local pounds etc... any other suggestions?

Cat's behavior [ 3 Answers ]

We just recently moved to another state, taking our only cat with us. The house we moved into already had 2 other cats and a dog. My cat is adjusting surprisingly well with the other cats, going up to them and trying to get friendly, but the other cats just hiss and growl, and they even throw...

View more questions Search