Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chellemom12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Water in the middle ear
    How do you get water out of the middle ear? Or at least this is where I feel it is. I have tried hair dryer, lying on that side to let it drip out, nothing working.:confused:
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 16, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Go to your doctor if nothing is working he or she could get it out with a syringe,did you try acotton bud leave it in for afew minutes and tilt your head to one side
    ear_remedy Posts: 5, Reputation: 5

Oct 8, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Hi, I have studied ear anatomy and ear problems a lot because I have ear issues myself but I am not a Dr.

It sounds like it is not wax build up in the outter ear, but instead an often misunderstood and misdiagnosed swelling and fluid retention in the eustachian tube or inner ear.

This often creates a clogged ear feeling as you describe and it commonly causes muffled hearing issues too.

It is usually brought on by a cold or allergy flare up or sinus infection, or simply a stuffy nose. It is not usually caused by an ear infection but it *can cause an ear infection* to occur due to the retained mucus sitting there for so long (some people have the clogged ear for months!). So that is why antibiotics are prescribed. Sometimes they will actually make the clog go away, if the swelling is due to infection.

There are several things you can try if this clogged inner ear happens to you again and antibitoics don't work. As it likely will. It seems once you start having blocked ear, it is more likely to occur again even if you never had this before.

To unclog your ear you need to reduce swelling in the eustachian tube so the fluid being retained can drain. It drains down your throat or can be blown out of the nose. For my home remedy that has long instructions on how to unclog ears, go to my website Home Remedy for Clogged Ears - my own clogged ear remedy that I discovered. The instructions are way too long to post here but you can buy the stuff you need at the store and do it at home.

The trick is you DO NOT put anything in your outter ear, as it cannot pass through your ear drum, and the problem lies behind the ear drum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Need 2 Know EVERYTHING On Middle School! [ 12 Answers ]

Ok Im going 2 middle school in a week so I need help!! And can I get some tips on notes because I write vvvvvvvveeeeerrrrrryyyyyy Slow!! So can u help me? :( :( :( :( :(

Middle School [ 17 Answers ]

I'm starting middle school this fall and I want some advice on how to handle it, I've read all the books and websites, but I need more! Confused

Middle school [ 3 Answers ]

What are some exsperaines that you had and don't want eny body else to go through in middle school tell me how to avoid them and I want to find a new best friend how do I do that!!

Water in the middle ear [ 1 Answers ]

A week ago I was swimming in the sea and abruptly I felt water flowing into my left ear. It caused pain that later increased. I tried to get the water come out of the ear (jumping on one foot etc), but nothing helped. Since then I keep feeling this water in my left ear. Yesterday I went to an ear...

Middle name [ 6 Answers ]

My sister has her names picked out (girl or boy) But we can't think of a middle name to go with Wyatt _____ Can you help

View more questions Search