Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larrylove Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Apr 16, 2008, 12:27 PM
    CA Workers Comp writ
    I was just told the California workers comp board denied their appeal yet now I must wait for my award until they file a writ. What is this all about?? It has been years already! :eek:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by larrylove
    I was just told the California workers comp board denied their appeal yet now I must wait for my award until they file a writ. What is this all about??? It has been years already! :eek:

Got your private message - sounds like you are well beyond the investigative stage and that's my expertise. I'm not terribly familiar with Workers Comp, particularly in California.

I'm sure somebody with knowledge will come popping by any time now -

(Is there an earlier post explaining this?)

Good luck -
    larrylove Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Apr 18, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    Got your private message - sounds like you are well beyond the investigative stage and that's my expertise. I'm not terribly familiar with Workers Comp, particularly in California.

I'm sure somebody with knowledge will come popping by any time now -

(Is there an earlier post explaining this?)

Good luck -
    Judy the earlier post explaining this is the one where I quoted the Bible and you thought it inappropriate. Now your good luck closing and zero help makes prayer a more appropriate response in this matter also and our Bible tells us all about prayer. Our world (now wired together) is being unresponsive and making my brother-in-law suffer after he won both his claim and their appeal and now a writ game to hold up his money and keep him homeless living with us. Investigate that!! Or do you only investigate losers and not winners.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by larrylove
    Judy the earlier post explaining this is the one where I quoted the Bible and you thought it inappropiate. Now your good luck closing and zero help makes prayer a more appropiate response in this matter also and our Bible tells us all about prayer. Our world (now wired together) is being unresponsive and making my brother-in-law suffer after he won both his claim and their appeal and now a writ game to hold up his money and keep him homeless living with us. Investigate that!!! Or do you only investigate losers and not winners.

I must investigate losers because I'm corresponding with you.

I don't even remember your earlier post so it couldn't have been too memorable.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Have you retained an attorney to handle the WC claim in the first place? If you did the attorney wants to get you your money as soon as possible so he can get paid his fee for the case. If you did not retain an attorney you are going to get the run around from the state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workers comp award not received [ 2 Answers ]

My brother-in-law won almost 50k in a court ordered California workers comp board hearing. No money has been received yet and no other papers have been received besides his award order. Yet his lawyer says they appealed and changed attorneys. Sounds screwy to me. Should he write the governor or...

Workers Comp Audit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question, does any one know if there is anything else you can breakout at the audit besides overtime? Someone told us you did not have to pay worker comp on Vacation, Holiday or Bonus pay, is that true?

Workers comp [ 2 Answers ]

Who do I contact to get a policy with work comp insurance in North carolina?

Should workers comp have to pay? [ 1 Answers ]

Back on July 14 2006 my boss's dog attacked and bit me in the face. It took 40+ stichs to patch it up. Have been on disability for the time however the dog owner refused to pay bills stated it was work related. My Dr. says he does not want me to go back till I see a Psychologist and plastic...

Can you reopen a Workers Comp Case? [ 3 Answers ]

I was hurt at work over 2 yrs ago and went to court 2 yrs later. My lawyer didn't supena any of the witnesses I gave him. The other parties that were for the other side lied. Needless to say the judge denied my claim. My lawyer told me that to appeal the case I would never win, so I tried doing...

View more questions Search