Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2008, 10:39 AM
    2x4 short a foot
    I thought the 2x4 were 10feet but they are only 8feet. I need 9feet.
    is there a fastener that attaches two pieces of 2x4 end to end. Perhaps
    a cleat?? I need to add a foot. So the 2x4 can run from post to post.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Apr 16, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Probably best to go get a 10 foot 2x4 and cut it down. There are mending plates or tooth plates that can be used but they are not structural. Maybe someone else here knows of something you could use but it would probably cost more than a new 2x4.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 01:02 PM
    I agree, you will have not structural strength splicing 2x4 together, cut down a 10' piece.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 09:35 AM
    I agree with a full length, splice may cost as much as the board, If you have many, I would think you could take back as wood doesn't go bad? plus they will still make a sale.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Apr 22, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Yes, return the 8' material. I personally would buy 18' 2x4's and cut them in half. (No Waste.)
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Foot problems from a crush to the foot [ 3 Answers ]

Have a sligt rise on my right foot half way down the front of my foot... higher than it should but when I compare it to my left foot it looks very different.I just had a crush ijury three weeks ago

Some VERY short books and short films inspired by our times [ 1 Answers ]

Some more very short books AND their accompanying movie adaptations 1) The complete Iraqi WMD photo album by Donald Rumsfeld Original title: "Don't look at me! I thought WMD's were a deli sandwich!" a great short film as well: YouTube - RUMSFELD'S BEST

My Foot [ 1 Answers ]

I injured my foot in a basketball game, on the inside of it, in the middle, near the bottom. It hurts to walk down hills, cut, and plant it when I kick. There was bruis and swelling whe it happened, this was almost a month ago, and it still bothers me. I know there are a lot of tiny little bones in...

Foot pain and swelling top cneter portion of my foot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The top of my foot is swollen and in pain. Thye took and exray and it showed degenerative changes in my foot? What does that mean? :confused:

View more questions Search