Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beth10 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Crown blues
    I have had two crowns placed with root canal one three weeks ago and aonther 6 weeks. They both feel unconfortable especially when chewing and my gums are still soar. Were they fitted right are should I give it time to get use to them. They really bother me since he shaved my tooth down. I'm not sure if my bite is right all I know it is uncomfortable. He also adjusted the molar by shaving the inside of the crown which leaves my tongue irritaded from rubbing against it. I think about it at least 16 hours a day.:(
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Hi, Beth,
    As a 64 year old, had tooth problems all my life, and gum problems, too, I now have dentures. I didn't want to go that far, but when my teeth started getting loose, not able to chew, then it was time for something within my "price range"; dentures. After 5 months, I am finally getting use to them!
    I have had more root canals (than LA has canels and bayous) that you would imagine, with crowns. I am not a Dentist.
    Now, to your questions.
    I think you should go back to your dentist, or possibly try a different dentist.
    Normall, things like you mention should not be happening after maybe a couple of weeks. Soreness usually goes away in 7 to 10 days.
    The tongue issue should not be happening. The dentist did not do a very good job "honing down" the tooth and crown area.
    I would suggest seeing another dentist.
    I do wish you the very best of luck.
    beth10 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 03:24 PM
    Thanks I have decided to see another denist since I am due for a checkup. Will let you know how things turn out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blues [ 4 Answers ]

My wife has used my credit card and has previously been making payments on it, basically its her card and , (at least as far as our household is concerned). Recently she failed to make the appropriate payments and now the card is passed due. I contacted the company and asked if they could lower the...

Bad guy blues [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, I have suffered yet another bad relationship with a guy and all I can really say is men are idiots. I feel really crumby and I need help on feeling better. So yea, for this thread I am not asking for advice(but if you got some let me have it please) what I am asking for is all those...

Shaving blues! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, Came across this site so I thought I'd get my oar in on the action. Why is shaving is such a friggin' nightmare?? Most people seem to get away with no problems, but me... OK, here's my issue. I'm in my third year of uni, and up till now, have been able to be quite lazy when it...

Main bathroom blues! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I went to turn on my hot water from my bathroom sink and the darn thing spat or sputtered at me; almost like a gurgling popping sound. :confused: It's a double tab sink. Since then I've had no or very little, a trinkle of hot or cold water coming from the tabs. The toilet is not as...

View more questions Search