Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canuck Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 05:01 AM
    Shower stall leaking
    Seems to be leaking at front by door. Do all shower stalls need concrete it seems to have give in the floor at this time has nothing under shower base what to do?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 14, 2006, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    seems to be leaking at front by door. do all shower stalls need concrete it seems to have give in the floor at this time has nothing under shower base what to do?
    Most plastic and fiberglass shower bases need to be bedded to give the shower floor a solid base. If you're leaking out the shower door then check the neoprene seals around the door for wear or tear. Regards, Tom
    canuck Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Thanks for quick answer, we re cocked where glass frame and base meet but water still comes out. Is sand mix what I want and do we but base back on right away to set?so its probably that there is no slab that it pulls away from frame?(when u step in?)that makes it leak

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile Shower stall leaking [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a shower stall a year ago. It has begun to leak. It is on the second floor, and I was able to open the ceiling just below it to see. The water is leaking from around the drain itself. The shower stall pan was installed with a poly sheet.. according to the directions... so that...

Shower Stall is leaking through the floor [ 11 Answers ]

I have a stand up shower on the second floor of the house. We've had two chronic issues lately. The hot water faucet is difficult to shut off and sometimes takes a lot of pressure to shut off Second, the shower often fills with water and is slow to drain. Last night we developed a...

My drain pipe is leaking from my shower stall! [ 3 Answers ]

Okay here's the situation. I have a basement shower stall that is leaking water onto the basement floor on the other side of the bathroom. What this is doing is causing some mold on the wood frame on the other side of the wall. At first I thought it was the drain itself that was leaking and I...

Leaking shower stall [ 4 Answers ]

Have a corner, "neo-angle" shower stall that's a few years old. It's begun leaking from the metal "frame" -- mostly from where a plastic "cap" goes on (cap is missing). It's 1/4 inch or so above the molded part, next to the door, but in the side frame, not the frame that holds the door. It also...

Shower Stall upstairs Leaking below when used infrequently.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: We had our shower stall upstairs redone. The Contractor ripped apart the old one and built a brand new stall with tiles. The first time it leaked probably when it was used the first few times, then we could not recreate the leak - this was in Nov.2004. In Dec 04, we went on a month...

View more questions Search