Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 15, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Internet shopping with paypal
    Right I don't think this goes in hear but there is not a internet shopping topic to post under I have a 3v account and wanted to buy something off eBay,I usually get someone else to buy my stuff and give them the money but I got the 3v card and set up the paypal account put my 3v voucher number in but my paypal account is still empty what is going on? I put the voucher in at 8pm its now nearly midnight and still no money in my account I got the email saying that I had registered the voucher with paypal with the code and everything the expire date etc but still nothing
    Do I have to wait so long before the cash is in the account?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Well I have no idea what a 3V card is, but I know when I move money to paypal from my bank or other method, it takes about 3 days for the money to be cleared.

Apr 15, 2008, 04:28 PM
    ITS STUPID I've just emailed them telling them so why have a paypal account if you can't buy things straight away ill not be using it again I told them that aswel. I used a voucher yesterday to order a coat I had no problems at all but I didn't use paypal because freemans except 3v but most people on eBay won't except 3v so I had no choice to do it and now I can't even use it
    And it could take 2 or 3 days to get a reply message from them regarding my problem its bloody stupid
    You have no idea how mad I am if I had credit to ring them I would

Apr 15, 2008, 04:31 PM
    I can't afford to lose 50euro I was going to get my youngest a walker rocker thing so he can lose some of his fat before it gets to be a problem and now I cant

If its not their in 3 days the s**t is going to hit the fan believe me

Apr 15, 2008, 04:34 PM
    It doesn't even have anything down in the history box that I put money in even when I have an email saying I have added acard [which is the voucher]
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Well of course I keep money on my paypal account and use my credit card from them. But it does take time for them to verify the money transfer at least from my experience. That is why they want you to keep money on their accounts all the time.

Now from the US, I have their phone number and find their customer support great, I can call them and get an answer in minutes for most everything.

Apr 15, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Well I won't be keeping money on their accounts believe me after its cleared ill be buying what I want and closing my account ill shop some were else that doesn't take days to clear before you can buy something

My son is nearly 6months and he spends all day watching my eldest and the 2 kids from next door playing yeah they talk to him and try to play with him but I can tell he feels left out sounds daft him being so young so I thought that it would be time to get him a walker so at least he can follow them round the house,I can't put him down on the floor with the kids in the house because they crowd round him and I'm a bit worried one of them is going to fall on him or something I can't put him in the bouncer because just in case one of them runs past and nocks him into the door frame but a least he won't feel left out with the walker and it'll help lose some of his fat I hope
    RayBurnley Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 05:40 AM
    I too am unaware of what you mean by a 3v voucher, but I must wonder as a long-time user of PayPal if you are understanding their system (and please, I mean no disrespect to yourself !)

I seldom have any money in my PayPal account, but I have a credit card registered with them ; when I make a purchase (whether on e-Bay or from a merchant that accepts PayPal) I simply enter my user id and password, approve the payment, and PayPal take whatever is required from my account to pay the transaction - for instance, the other day I made a £39 transaction through them ; I actually had £6 in my PayPal account so they took £33 from my credit card.

Is 3v a different system whereby you put the money into PayPal and can't actually draw on that money until it is in your PayPal account ? Or is it similar to my experience and now your card is registered PayPal will draw funds as required ?

I would suggest that rather than coming here, you may be better going on one of the e-Bay forums (Round Table in the U.K.) and checking if anybody can give you advice ; they will probably have more experience than persons on this board.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by COOKIE MONSTER
    i thought that it would be time to get him a walker
    I understand your feelings about wanting to make life more pleasant for your child, but you should know that there is a large amount of danger linked with using walkers.

The links below tell about the problem, and according to one, Canada has even banned the sale of walkers. You might actually be putting your child in greater danger by using a walker.

Pediatric Advisor 2006.2: The Dangers of Baby Walkers

http://www.capt.org.uk/pdfs/factshee...%20walkers.pdf

Apr 17, 2008, 10:55 AM
    My eldest had 1 and he never got hurt he was always in 1 room with me he hurt my ankles afew times but I can deal with it,I have no runners a cross the floors or anything like that my home is child proof we only use 1 room downstairs because everything we need is in one room my kids don't leave my sight but anyway this question is not about what you think of walkers its about paypal and I had walker when I was young and never got hurt if you let you kids go were ever they want and do what they want they are bound to get hurt but I don't and the sit in walker is only for downstairs and only when I am in the same room

HIGH CHAIRS ARE BLOODY DANGEROUS!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Is this what you mean by "3v"? https://www.3v.ie/
    I can understand why paypal wouldn't accept those, it would be hard for them to keep with all the different online payment schemes that are appearing - plus it's competition for them.

BTW high chairs aren't dangerous, they can't make their way down a flight of stairs.

Apr 17, 2008, 11:16 AM
    OH YEAH put your baby in a high chair till your baby figures out if he swings back and forth it'll move then he tips it [very safe],baby swing also safe till your toddler swings it into the door frame with your baby in it or swing on a frame toddler pushes it over with baby in yeah safe.walkers are NOT meant to go upstairs if some one is that bloody stupid that is their stupidity and their own fault it says on the walker label NOT to use them upstairs if they did not read it then well what can I say some people are just dumb you should always read any instruction carefully and warnings and hazord's and make sure its put together properly and no bits will fall off always check that screws are tight I look after my kids and make sure all toys and chairs are safe before they use them if other people didn't its not my fault now is it.everything is dangerous to a child but if you make sure they are under constant watch by an adult [not gabbing on the phone or chatting to a friend at the door] then your kids will be safe and bad things won't happen
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Hard to read with no punctuation at all.

Apr 17, 2008, 11:26 AM
    My son had a high chair for 2days and figure out he could move it swinging back and forth I got rid of it I got a little chair with tray from argos its great it can be used as high chair the chair slots in holes on the table that goes with it but I don't use it the table has his TV on upstairs

Apr 17, 2008, 11:28 AM
    This is not about bloody kids anyway its about paypal
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 11:30 AM
    I have 2 kids and we figured that pushing the highchair against the wall was the way to go plus we taught them not to swing back and forth it's a beautiful day here today so ill probably go out and play with them we had a door swinger too for both kids and there was no problem other people areso stupid they can't figure things out lol god I do love have a good education I almost became a writer I hope all goes well for you you never answered about that 3v thing

Apr 17, 2008, 11:30 AM
    And paypal does except them it is on the site that they do
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Transferring 3V Funds To PayPal? - boards.ie

Apr 17, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Thanks for your help but not what I was on about

That's about transferring funds that wasn't used in your purchase I'm on about adding funds to your account with a 3v voucher that hasn't been used for any purchases before

Thanks anyway ill be contacting them again tomorrow it will have been 3days tomorrow

Apr 17, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Well they put the 1;50 charge in my account that they charge to see if your card is valid so it has to be put in my account soon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shopping [ 1 Answers ]

When I buy myself something, I feel happy. I feel happy for a period, and then I know everything is okay. But when that item becomes old to me, I become depressed because of my real problems, and I don't know how to help the problems, so I go shopping because it makes me feel better. I feel like I...

Using paypal [ 20 Answers ]

Is it safe to use paypal. My son wants to buy a pair of shoes from a company called Eastbay. I have used companies such as LL Bean/credit card with no problems... just wondering though. Thanks

Shopping on your own [ 15 Answers ]

Well, I am 19 years old now and my mum refuse's to buy me new clothes now, and well lets say I'm not one for buying clothes. I find it embarrassing and don't know what to choose. Am I just being silly or is a lot of people like this. Recently I went shopping with my girlfriend and got clothes as...

Bloody nose [ 1 Answers ]

I've always gotten bloody noses, especially in the winter, so its no supprise to me, but the last two days, I've gotten really bad ones. The first time, I was driving down the highway, and it started, so I grabbed a tissue... no big deal. It instantly filled my nose though, and went down into my...

View more questions Search