Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RayBurnley Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 01:52 AM
    With all respect Cookie Monter, I think you're just being a little impatient with PayPal in dealing with the initial setup of your account ; once you are set up and have performed a transaction it's likely to be much smoother
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 20, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Well its been 5days now and still no bloody money in my account they have given the 1;50 for verifying my card but I sent them an email [well several now] and got sum crap back saying I have to verify my account,but it has been it says IRISH-VERIFIED so der why couldn't they look up my bloody account and see,it was verified like 4 days ago

Apr 20, 2008, 06:56 PM
    WELL I DID IT!!
    With no bloody help from paypal I sent them an email and they didn't even look at my account or they would have seen I added a 3v voucher to my account and I verified it etc.I ordered my sons walker and it'll be hear by Wednesday so he won't feel left out anymore
    etalmar Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2008, 03:59 PM
    PayPal is not as "secure" as their company would have you believe. Here are a few points about PayPal that most of the public does not know - all of which are documented online:

PayPal is *not* a bank and is *not* FDIC insured!

PayPal is being investigated by regulatory authorities in Louisiana, California, and Idaho. Louisiana has already ordered PayPal to stop conducting business in their state.

PayPal is quick to charge back transactions, even several months after the transaction occurred, for seemingly any reason and without any warning being given beforehand.

Fraud runs rampant on PayPal's system, and merchants who do business through their company (which is owned by eBay) are not given any of the tools to enable them to identify fraudulent transactions, which other merchants are afforded to help them to prevent identification theft.

PayPal has admitted that they have 'limited experience' in managing and accurately accounting for large amounts of money, as ALL of their customer support service is 'out-sourced' to a company in New Delhi, India!

Apr 22, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Well they can't take money from a 3v card it is not a credit or debit card,its not linked to any bank accounts
    You buy top ups for it like you buy for your phone
    If you don't buy a voucher [top up] then you don't have any money on it
    It's that simple

So paypal can't take money from it unless you put the voucher number in,you add it like a new card
    etalmar Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Cookie Monster,

I understand that. However, I was simply making a comment about using PayPal in general, as they have a long history of fraudulent practices. For more info, you should have a look at Paypal Problems, Information, Issues, Class Action Lawsuits
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Well not real promising the web site about how bad paypal does is operated by another company wanting to sell you their service instead of paypal. Sort of like asking a Clinton supporter to write a report on how good a job Obama is doing.

And of course there are issues, and it is a company, not a bank, but even credit card companies charge back businesses if there was fraud on the card, a stolen card, the issue is most times private people don't take credit cards so they are unaware how this happens, a business is just used to this happening from time to time and is the cost of doing business. The store losses if someone buys something with a stolen card or false ID. So this is just a normal but sad business practice.

As for as some of the other issues, considering the amount of the money they do daily, ( larger than the entire e-gold business all together)
    And of course I would supect there are very large number of daily complaints if you compared this to a bank of the volume of transfers this size.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shopping [ 1 Answers ]

When I buy myself something, I feel happy. I feel happy for a period, and then I know everything is okay. But when that item becomes old to me, I become depressed because of my real problems, and I don't know how to help the problems, so I go shopping because it makes me feel better. I feel like I...

Using paypal [ 20 Answers ]

Is it safe to use paypal. My son wants to buy a pair of shoes from a company called Eastbay. I have used companies such as LL Bean/credit card with no problems... just wondering though. Thanks

Shopping on your own [ 15 Answers ]

Well, I am 19 years old now and my mum refuse's to buy me new clothes now, and well lets say I'm not one for buying clothes. I find it embarrassing and don't know what to choose. Am I just being silly or is a lot of people like this. Recently I went shopping with my girlfriend and got clothes as...

Bloody nose [ 1 Answers ]

I've always gotten bloody noses, especially in the winter, so its no supprise to me, but the last two days, I've gotten really bad ones. The first time, I was driving down the highway, and it started, so I grabbed a tissue... no big deal. It instantly filled my nose though, and went down into my...

View more questions Search