Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 02:59 AM
    Networking
    How to connct two PC without any hub? And I don't want to make a server because if I want to use the other I need to make the other PC on. Is there any other solution? And I'm having only one modem.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Feb 14, 2006, 03:16 AM
    You need a crossover cable, available from all good computer stores.

See Fredgs answer to earlier question.

"Hi,
    Here is a link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ussel_hni.mspx
    Scroll down to about 1/2 way, for a picture of using just a simple CAT5 "cross-over" cable to connect two computers; under the heading "How do I Connect Two PC's Together".
    It also explains how to use windows to set it up; providing you have two ethernet cards."
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Feb 20, 2006, 01:14 PM
    What are trying to share files, printers, internet?? What is your modem - dialup, dsl, cable - what?

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by aki
    how to connct two pc without any hub? and i dont want to make a server becuse if i want to use the other i need to make the other pc on. is there any other solution? and i m having only one modem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Project in Networking [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am really very much interested in Computer Networks, Currrently I am in 6th semester of B.E. Computer Engineering along with it I am pursuing MCSE course. I want to take a project in Networking in my college, so please suggest me what kind of project should I choose. Thank you

Networking [ 5 Answers ]

I have alaptop connected to my desktop with a ethernet cable. The destop can access files from the laptop but no traffic the other way. I have now connected the laptop to another desktop and it works fine both ways. I have tried lots of things like taking off all firewalls, permisions etc. The...

Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Kindly tell about networking, I want to connect sevens PCS with anothers through IPs. One of them is server with windows 2000 family server, switch and remaining six are clients.

Networking [ 5 Answers ]

I want to setup a small home network with only three computers connected to a router and still have the internet on all 3 computers

Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Describe how you would go about setting up a "star" networkof 5 machines and discuss what would be better and why having one machine as a file server or no file server.

View more questions Search