Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    domino815 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Erasing SOME items from hard drive
    I have created movies on Pinnacle Studio 11. I want to completely erase them from my hard drive as they are taking up space. I have already burned them on DVD's. How do I completely remove them, and all traces of them from my computer?
    Thanks
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Delete them then empty the recycle bin.
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Apr 15, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Delete them then empty the recycle bin.
    This would work if you wanted to keep the movies from most people, but people who are very good with computers could find them with a program. I'm not going to ask why you want the traces gone but there are some programs that offer complete deletion. I'm not sure which one you should use since I don't have anything to hide on my computer that needs complete deletion.
    domino815 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 02:25 PM
    This would work if you wanted to keep the movies from most people, but people who are very good with computers could find them with a program. I'm not going to ask why you want the traces gone but there are some programs that offer complete deletion. I'm not sure which one you should use since I don't have anything to hide on my computer that needs complete deletion.

No, I don't want to erase them for that reason. I just think they are taking up needed space on my hard drive. When I think I have deleted them from Pinnacle, I later find them elsewhere on my computer. I just think I am not removing them all the way when I take them off. These are just home movies - nothing to hide. Thanks

Apr 15, 2008, 02:29 PM
    O then what you do is instead of going on Pinnacle and deleting them, go My Computer (assuming you have windows) and find the file and delete them. If your not sure where the files are on the system, go to search and search for the names of the movies. Then go to the locations of each movie, delete them, then empty the recycle bin.

Apr 15, 2008, 02:31 PM
    My guess is that pinnacle keeps the movies stored on the computer just in case you want to retrieve them.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Oh I see. I had the same issue with my DVD converter software. Check My Documents for a folder related to Pinnacle and see if they keep files there.

Apr 16, 2008, 11:27 AM
    I just realized something. Is it possible that with when your deleting something from Pinnacle that instead of actually deleting them, you deleting them from the library instead of deleting them from your computer. I was deleting some songs off iTunes and I realized the there were 2 options of deleting them, deleting them from the library or deleting them from your computer. You may want to check that if your deleting the files from the library or computer with Pinnacle. I would also look around your computer for all the movie files you want to delete as well, just in case I'm wrong about my idea with Pinnacle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Partially Erasing Hard Drive? [ 8 Answers ]

I have read that when files are deleted they can still be recovered by someone who gets his hands on the PC. I have also read that there may be files, data or images on a hard drive that were not intentionally downloaded by the user. Is any of this true? If so, is there a way to get rid of...

View more questions Search