Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbittner Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Samsung french door fridge making tapping sound
    We have a brand new Samsung french door fridge. It makes a knocking/tapping noise occasionally. Seems like the sounds is coming from the body and not from anything mechanical. It almost sounds as if it is settling. Has anyone else ever heard this noise and it is something to be concerned about. This was a pricey purchase and I want to make sure nothing is wrong.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 05:15 AM
    My new Samsung does that occasionally at night. It doesn't alarm me. I think the sound is coming from the refrigation unit. My new Samsung works perfectly. I am very happy with it, by the way, the freezer is on the bottom.
    mbittner Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 05:24 AM
    I have noticed it at night majority of the time. We love the fridge as well and our freezer is also on bottom. Thanks for the response. Hopefully you are right. It makes me feel better to know others hear this sound too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace jam french door [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace a section of jam on a french door that was made by peace door - - there are plugs in the jam when you take the plug out the is like a screw or something -- looks like the end of a allan wrench how do these work and how do you get in the hole to trun it - - I tried deep well...

Volvo S80 - Door Lock is making a "spitting" sound when locking/unlocking [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2000 S80 T6 that has suddenly started making sort of a spitting sound in the back driver side door lock when the locks are prompted to lock/unlock. It doesn't usually keep the lock from functioning, but there have been a few instances where the lock doesn't lock. Any thoughts on what...

Samsung fridge coils in freezer are frozen [ 1 Answers ]

My Samsung fridge model RS2556SH is only 3 years old and I am having problems with it cooling the fridge part, the freezer seems to be freezing okay. I took the back pain off the freezer and the evaporator coils are frozen. Do I let these defrost? Will that help the fridge cool again? Any help is...

French Door? [ 2 Answers ]

Please explain those charateristics of a doors design/construction which defines it as a "French Door". Thanks!! :)

View more questions Search