Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfgirlemt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Harbor Breeze Remote on celsius instead of fahrenheit
    Help! I came home today and found that my harbor breeze fan remote control (Model: TRC100L) is set on celsius instead of fahrenheit! I'm not sure how this happened unless the cat messed it up while I was at work. I don't have a manual, how do I switch back?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 07:48 PM
    If there isn't a way to change, try taking out the battery and short the exposed terminals in the remote for 10 seconds or so.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 07:55 PM
    I would try KISS's suggestion. I have no idea how to program these remotes.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 08:00 PM
    Thanks, CFR. My hunch is static electricity changed a bit in the remote. It happens and it's non-destructive. I hope it works. It would be helpful if the original poster should report back.
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Each company has their own remotes and codes, even when they're made by the same factory. There's no way I can keep track of them all. I'm not a big supporter of remote fans in the first place, too unreliable.
    WordSmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirlemt
    Help!! I came home today and found that my harbor breeze fan remote control (Model: TRC100L) is set on celsius instead of fahrenheit! I'm not sure how this happened unless the cat messed it up while I was at work. I don't have a manual, how do I switch back?
    This is very simple.

On the back of the TRC-100L, there is a small hole above the battery compartment. Note that it says "SET F/C" below this hole, which stands for "Set Fahrenheit/Celsius."

Take a paper clip and insert it into the hole to depress the button inside. (The button is much smaller than the hole, so you may have to try a few times, but you'll definitely feel the "click" of the button when you've done it correctly.)

You must do this while the batteries are installed. You'll know you've succeeded when the readings are back to F instead of C.

If this doesn't work, contact the manufacturer, Litex Industries, at 1-800-527-1292.

Smitty
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Thank you for this post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze remote problems [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a Harbor Breeze fan about a year ago. It worked fine. All of a sudden the remote does not work anymore. I have changed the battery and still does not work. Any ideas. The fan does not have any cords, so I can't do it the old fashion way. All the remotes I have seen has a...

Fahrenheit/Celsius [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell MagicStat/32 programmable thermostat, which has been working fine for years. Today it is reading temps. In celsius rather than fahrenheit, and I can't find any switch to change it back, nor can I find any reference to making this change in the instructions manual. I am sure it...

Harbor Breeze Remote Issue [ 13 Answers ]

I have three ceiling fans that I installed a couple of years ago with the remote control. I had them all set to the same freq. so one remote contolled them all and I have had not problems until now. After leaving for a week on vacation we got back and none of the three fans will respond to the...

Harbor Breeze Fan W/Remote [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased 5 harbor breeze fans w/ remote and no pull chain for my home. Not long after purchase one fan acted like the motor was binding up so I returned it for a replacement model. I ended up having to pay extra to get a fan that was close enough to match my other four fans. Now I have two...

Celsius versus fahrenheit [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to reset a Maple Case Thermostat back to fahrenheit? We have a random button pusher visiting who has no idea how they changed it.

View more questions Search