Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Apr 14, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Plastic sugery to lighten skin permanently
    Have you ever wondered if there is such a surgery?
    Some lasers and chemical peel lighten the skin, what about the whole body?
    Gloomy will have a surgery to graft (or transplant) her melanin back, why not surgically remove it or minimize? That would save us a lot of money, even if it is very expensive, still better than wasting money on products work for sometime, don't work or give you disastrous results.
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 17, 2008, 09:44 PM
    You, I know I wondered the same thing, until I saw an episode of the montell williams show where this black girl was talking about how she hates being black, and she was saying that she was going to have the surgery to permanently lighten her skin, so I tried to research it on the internet but I couldn't find any information about it.
    Notsosnowwhite Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 12:46 AM
    ^ I remember that episode. She was a royal b***h suggesting all colored people should bleach their skin and conform to her view of beauty.

Anyway, since there's already that eye color implant surgery, maybe that's in the works.
    Have yet to hear the good news though.
    lilmsj Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Hedy did you ever find out the name of the surgery??
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

May 20, 2008, 03:12 AM
    No, not yet, but I heard that if skin got lighter in places (hypopigmentation), there is no way to get the color back or very very hard, unlike darkened areas in the skin (hyperpigmentation), it can be lightened

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lighten my skin? [ 14 Answers ]

my skin has turn darker than usual coz of SUN....please suggest me a nice way to lighten my skin within 1 month...plzzzzzz:(

HOW Do I lighten My Skin? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 32 year old female with olive skin... I have found that after the birth of my third child, the skin between my legs have darkened lots. Does anyone have this problem, if so how can I lighten it?

I'm scared to lighten my skin cause. [ 1 Answers ]

Well you see my skin was a olive color. Now its like a dark tan. I hate it so much. I how can I at least lighten it a little without damage. Should I get a deep body cleansing treatment to lighten my skin. I don't like my skin tone at all. Or what should I do?

What Lasers lighten skin permanently? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just wanted to know if anyone knows what laser treatments can permanently lighten your skin. I'm trying to lighten 3-5 shades, I'm currently a dark brown complexion (Gabrielle Union) and I would like to have a light brown complexion (Vivica Fox). Thanks!

Darkening your skin permanently [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I am someone with dark brown hair, thick black eyebrows and dark brown eyes. I have a quite dark complexion, but my skin (especially the parts that never see any sun) is too pale, I believe, to match my hair colour and the like. It could look good on a blonde or red haired person, but...

View more questions Search