Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teamweir1992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Roth ira
    Can I transfer an ira from one investment company to another
    fcharger Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Yes you can. Go to the new company and ask for their forms. Fill it in and they do the rest. Depending what investment are inside some or all might have to be liquidated because the new company might not accept some or all the investments inside the old one. Example: Old IRA has mutual fund X in it. New Ira company does not have an agreement with the particular mutual fund company so it will not accept it or if it does will liquidate it and leave the cash for you to invest in something els including a similar mutual fund but of a company they have an agreement with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roth 401-k [ 1 Answers ]

Son was in college working part time ( hamburger joints ) and making 7 to 8,000 a year... I have funded a Roth IRA for him since 2003, putting in $3,000 for years 2003 - 2004, and $4,000 for years 2005 - 2006 -2007, and this year ( 2008 ) so far have put in $1250.00 towards $5,000 contribution......

Roth ira [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I not contributed to our Roth IRA this year, thinking we would be over the $160k/year MAGI income limit. We have now figured out that isn't going to happen. Our ~ MAGI will be about $148k. So, should we take money out of one of two mutal funds (VGIRX) we have been putting $100/month...

Who is F.Roth /Artist [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a picture of a garden with two sculptures in it the artist has signed it F.Roth. Dose any one know who he is?

F. Roth etching [ 1 Answers ]

I have a framed etching by F. Roth titled: "The Yonne Canal, France" from the "Paris Etching Society and distributed by TURNER. it has "Paris Etching Society" with a copyright stamp written in the top right corner and the title of the etching in the bottom left corner with SZL within a circle. And...

Roth Ira Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to open a Roth IRA 6 Month CD account. After the CD matures, how do I move the funds to another Bank if the rates are better elsewhere without triggering a taxable/penalty event? Thank you , Rich

View more questions Search