Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Safe ways to deal with illness while pregnant
    Can we start a thread about safe ways to deal with minor aches and pains, colds, flus, etc, while pregnant? I have to admit that I've used way too many NSAIDS and other drugs in the past when I have headache pain or a cold, muscle aches, etc. Obviously now that I'm pregnant I can't take any of that stuff. So if anyone has anything that worked for them while they were pregnant, I would be happy and appreciate hearing them!

Btw thanks again Chery for the horseradish idea for clearing sinuses... I'm going to try it starting tomorrow, after I go grocery shopping. :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2006, 09:07 AM
    My wife (7 pregnancies, 6 births) swears by Bananas for minor muscle aches and pains.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 09:13 AM
    Bananas? Really? I'll have to try that!

I generally eat one banana everyday. Does she eat a banana daily as a preventative measure, or does she eat several bananas at once if she's having pain?

Thanks so much Rick!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2006, 09:28 AM
    She's never been a regular banana eater, but when she was pregnant she experienced semi-frequent leg-aches. Coincidentally, she noticed that she was craving bananas. She'd eat a couple and the pain would subside - or go away altogether.

Our doctor did tell us that oftentimes "cravings" are the bodies way of helping us get foods that contain vitamins or minerals that are needed.

... so if you're craving stuff (sorry, you'll have to forego the beer cravings for now :( ), go for it!
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Feb 14, 2006, 07:07 PM
    The potassium in bananas are good for those nightly pregnancy cramps.
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2006, 08:31 AM
    Ah yes I forgot about the potassium... that makes sense now. Thanks a lot!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Disabled - Mental Illness - Need Prescription Asst.-SSDI Over Requirements [ 9 Answers ]

I am 47, disabled after working 27 years as a paralegal with a mental illness. My SSDI is 22,560, 1880/month. All programs out there to help assist me get medications I need for physical and mental illnesses are denying me as they say my salary is over the income elegibility. I have a very...

Not guilty by reason of mental illness [ 4 Answers ]

If a person has 6 felonies because of his charge of either guilty my mental illness or not guilty by mental illness and has probation until 2017, is there a chance, with good behavior, of getting early off on this? Anyone know? Also, can the probation be transferred to another state? Anyone hear of...

Ways IT can help managers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello guys, I would be very grateful if you could help me know: 1. Ways Information Technology can help managers fulfil their responsibilities. 2. Functions of operating system Any answer from you good people would be very much appreciated and thanks.

Illness or liar [ 1 Answers ]

someone I know has this problem where her husband says horrible things to her during bedtime and then he doesn't remember them the next day. Once she had a medical emergency and he said he didn't care whether she went to the E.R. or not and to figure it out her f*&^%$# self. When she heard some...

View more questions Search