Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolmen Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

May 11, 2008, 04:45 AM
    The condenser fan motor cap blew last season on 2nd floor system, this year the same fan motor needed help starting by me using a screwdriver.Now the first floor condenser motor needed help as well to turn. This is the same unit with LRA on the compressor. I need to replace 2 fan motors ,1cap,1 compressor.all under warranty.Gave her my labor cost to replace but she wanted an other price .this contractor came in to look but said they were not the orignal installers but recommended to just replace the whole unit. She just want the 1st floor system replaced at this time and the 2nd floor later.So if I install a system that I can trust now Will most likely be replacing the 2nd floor unit down the road.I think she deserves a scroll comprssor with the safety cut off switches,a better built fan motor,410a refrigerant.She just moved in to this large house and does not want to worry about her a/c system this year or any other .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mismatched condenser & Coil [ 6 Answers ]

My house is 3400 Sq Ft. 8 years old, 2 story. Each unit is 2 1/2 ton, Rheem Heat Pump units. They have been working very well. I can get about 22 degree difference downstairs and about 19 upstairs. I have added extra blown insulation in the attic. Roughly about 36", with a power fan and whirly...

She Is In Danger. [ 32 Answers ]

I have a 9 year old little sister that's been abused in different ways. First off her mother (my step mother) had a misscarrage about a year ago. This is something that terrifies my little sister. She will NOT let her mother go and to clubs, bars, etc. because she's scared her mother will get...

Air Exchanger [ 2 Answers ]

The outside unit comes on, but the air exchanger will not come on. I have checked all of the circuit breakers to ensure that they are not tripped. What would be my next step to check to resolve this problem?

In danger [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a single mom of a set of twins, their dad went to jail 5mos after they were born on robbery and crack cocaine charges. Bob has been in and out of jail and on crack since he was sixteen he is now thirty-six. After four years in prison he was release this April. Bob is now coming to my home...

Danger? [ 1 Answers ]

?? Hello to all and thanks in advance for any help you might have to offer. My name is Angela, 11/5/74, and I need to know if the bad feeling I keep getting is related to someone who could possibly be dangerous, or something else. I just can't seem to pinpoint what is wrong, though I can sense...

View more questions Search