Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Twilight Series
    Hey everyone, I was just curious if anyone else out there is reading the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. I was recently introduced to them by a friend, and I I went into a " three day book coma" hah, and read all three books in three days. Granted I had to take occasional breaks through out the day and pull long nights of reading, as I have my two little boys to take care of, but I admit the unnescisary house work was left until I could pull myself away from the books. I am waiting on the edge of my seat for the fourth book release, (as well as her book release "the host" in may) and of course the movie release of Twilight in December. So, anyone else as addicted to these books as me?;)
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 09:27 AM
    A friend of mine has told me that I must read these books... haven't picked them up yet... for the said reason "three-day book coma"... lol! I just don't HAVE three days! :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Haha, yes, understandable. My friend has been trying to get me to read them for about a year now. I have two boys under the age of 4, and another baby on the way, so I just don't have time... but I finally made hubby go out and rent it at the library... turns out there is a waiting list.. they have 25 copies for each book, and they are constantly wait listed. Hah, so that kind of made me realize how good they were. Finally got it, and couldn't put it down! Needless to say my house was a disaster by the time I was done, but it was sooo worth it. I've re-read them all several times
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Really? 25 copies? Wow... that's quite impressive! I'll be starting them tomorrow, I think. My girlfriend promised to bring them tomorrow... we'll see... I know that once I start I won't stop...

Kind of like Pringles, eh? :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Yes, they are just so addictive, you get wrapped up in the story, and just can't put the book down. I was running on about 4 hours of sleep those first two nights of reading haha. Which, considering I wake up at 5-6 everymorning with the kids, and I'm 5 months pregnant, that is pretty insane. I LOVE my sleep, so that's saying something there
    SummerLegacies Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Grr I want to read them badly! They're on my list. As soon as I finish the novel I'm reading now, Twilight will be the first one I buy
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 07:26 PM
    They really are great. I even talked my hubby into reading them, and he's hooked on them now too haha
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Apr 20, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Twilight addict over here!

I absolutely loved those books! Like you, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the final book! I am dying to know... does Bella stay human or become a vampire? And what the heck happens to Jacob?

I think the book's coming out in August... we can chat about it after our comas, deal? LOL
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Absolutely a deal! My family knows I am going to be totally out of touch once the book reaches my hands until I'm finished haha. It just tends to swallow you right up... they're going to be getting the easy meals during that 24 hours of comatose reading hahaha.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 08:11 AM
    All right... last night, after a particularly LONG day, I drew a bubble bath, lit my candle, got a glass of wine, and grabbed Twilight...

2 hours later I was 250 pages into the book, no bubbles, COLD water, and a burned out candle.

Wow.

Great books! :)
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Apr 22, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Hahaha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! I got the book at wal*mart before a long airplane trip. I picked up the book because the cover was so neat "I know I know don't choose a book by it's cover" hahaha! But I couldent put the dang thing down. I got the audio tape for the other 2 and they are really good too! I'm just so glad that I dident get into them before since the other ones weren't out it's been toture waiting for the 4th one I can't imagine waiting for all of them! Ahhhh! Hahaha
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Haha, now, I did warn you that they were addictive didn't I? Hah they are so wonderful. I love them. MrsJoseph06, I am also so glad I didn't get into these books earlier, because I would have gone nuts having to wait for each one to get released. Heck I'm going nuts just waiting for August and December. Hah.Have you all been keeping up to date on the news coming out on the movie? Also, StephenieMeyer.com -- The Official Website of Stephenie Meyer is her personal website and that has some great info on it. I can post some other great websites if you are all interested.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Done.

Wow.

That's all I can say.

Wow.

Sheesh - two nights... two bubble baths...

Apr 23, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Ok let me say I'm so disapointed with who they picked for edward! Totally not at all what my mond pictured. Did anyone read the edwards version of the beginning of twilight. Really good! I so can not wait to get the 4th book. When is the movie coming out? And this is really the last book in the twilight series? The host book looks like an interesting premus. Anyway hope everyone is getting through the wait!
    Maddy910 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 02:02 PM
    No, this is not going to be the last book. There are at least two more.

Apr 23, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Well that's good!
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 08:33 AM
    I wasn't happy with who they got at first either(or several of the others), but honestly, no one is ever going to look the way we all imagine edward to look in the books hah. Just not going to happen. And I have watched a lot of the interviews they have done with Robert and Kristen, and they have great chemistry, he's also a musician, so he might be composing and playing the lullabye for bella, and as time has passed, I've really come to love him as the actor to portray Edward. I think he will be great. It just takes time to get use to. So far, Stephenie is very happy with the progress of the movie, and the actors chosen. If she is happy about it, then that's good enough for me, as we all know the author of the book is going to be the toughest critic. I guess its just important to keep in mind that it would be near impossible for any movie no matter who plays the characters, to measure up to the books, so we'll just have to learn how to love the movies and books separately. There will be a fifth and a sixth book for sure, she has those outlined and such already. Midnight Sun is Twilight, but from Edwards point of view, and its you have read the first chapter of it that she has posted on her site, I think you will agree that its going to be great. Only 99 days left until Breaking Dawn comes out. Which seems like an agonizingly long time to wait. Here are some great sites to visit, so that you can get a better feel for the actors, and the movie that is coming out December 12th. Enjoy!
    |HisGoldenEyes| A Twilight Fansite| Twilight | New Moon | Eclipse | Breaking Dawn |
    www.twilightlexicon.com
    www.bellaandedward.com
    twilightmomsforums :: Index
    Also, if you go to to Stephenies website, and click on the twilight series tab, on the left hand side you'll see a tab that says " fan sites" and there are tons of great sites on there. She's also got lots of great info on there about her books, and the movie.

Apr 24, 2008, 05:04 PM
    That is very true! It's hard to compare a book to a movie. I'm so glad that this is not the last book that rocks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2008, 05:09 PM
    She is an amazing writer. I am looking forward to reading the host as well. It will help keep me distracted while I wait for breaking dawn hopefully hahha.
    Anita123rox123 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 02:38 AM
    Hey I'm a big fan of the Twilight series and I'm completely obsessed with Edward Cullen. The book comes out on the 2nd of August this year. 67 days! I cannot wait. Its all I can think about even though I have year 10 half yearlys this week and I should be studying.

Obsession!! Hehe :p :D :) :cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer [ 6 Answers ]

Who was the first person to offer Bella Swan help at school?

Twilight Series [ 19 Answers ]

Just wondering have much people read Twillight, New Moon and Eclipes? There good books =]

Twilight Zone [ 1 Answers ]

What band sings Twilight Zone and who is the lead singer?

Twilight zone [ 5 Answers ]

I remember that it was a movie from the twlight show.. I woman was outside gardening and she had found a wooden box and in it was a silverr necklace. She had discovered that when she would put it on and say the words SHUT UP everyone would freeze. So she went into the grocery mall and wanted the...

Twilight [ 3 Answers ]

Will altitude has an effect on , Astronomical , Nautical and Civil Twilight Thannk you.

View more questions Search