Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmgangel28 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Byetta Side Effects
    I have been taking Byetta for the past month now for my Type 2 Diabetes. I was wondering if this drug can effect a delay on your Menstural Cycle??
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Apr 15, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Hi tmgangel,

I could not find any official research on the matter regarding whether a delay (or skip) in menstruation is normal while taking Byetta; However, I did notice that on other forums discussing this medication, various women have noted that their periods were irregular and in some cases even stopped so you are not alone. I highly recommend that you visit your doctor and have a talk with him/her about this reaction to consider what to do next if in fact this side effect continues. Best wishes to you - I hope it all works out and I hope this has helped you some.

Sincerely,

Dreamer
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 03:36 PM
    From 2007 Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference ALL of the side effects are as follows.

Central Nervous System: Headache, dizziness, feeling jittery, restlessness, weakness
    Endocrine System: hypoglycemia
    Gastrointestinal System: Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dyspepsia, anorexia (never hungry), gastroesophageal reflux (GERD or chronic acid indigestion), and weight loss.

Sorry, but this does not cause a delay in your period. As I said to you in your other thread, it may be the combination of the meds since you started them after your last period and prior to this one that is due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Side effects [ 4 Answers ]

Please can you tell me what side effects I will have to expect on superfact

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

What are the side effects of metoprolol succ er in adult males

Will I Get Side Effects? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I was taking this medication called Lexapro. Well, I stopped cold turkey. What I want to know is if I will have/get side effects.

View more questions Search