Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessibus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Career options
    Hi,
    I am really intrested in biotechnology and genetics, more so genetics. I was wandering what carer options there are for this?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 06:00 AM
    It depends on your qualifications but here are a few areas I can think of off the top of my head:

Academic Research as a technician, or get a PhD become a post doc researcher which can lead to principal investigator posts and/or lecturing.

Industrial Research - BigPharma or biotech but I don't know much about this. I think there is a lot of work in the agricultural sector for genetics.

Pharmaceutical rep (advertise drugs to hospitals)

Clinical, hospital lab work technician, research.
    Clinical Genetics Careers
    NSGC: Career in Genetic Counseling

Forensic/ paternity testing lab work

Genetics Society - Home

Good places to look for potential jobs are science career sites like these
    Genetics Jobs - jobs.ac.uk
    Science Jobs from New Scientist Jobs

So quiet a few things you can do really!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are my options? [ 2 Answers ]

Here's the skinny: I have 2 properties, 1 was an investement which from the looks of it is going to go south. I am also in a situation that will cause me to possibly not be able to afford or pay for the property I am living in now, and with a baby on the way, it seems to be getting a lot more...

Does anyone know my options? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey my name is lisa, I'm 21 years old and I'm having a baby. I never heard from the father in the last few months. We were together for a bit but then he decided to leave and I never heard from him since. I tried a million times to contact him to see if he wanted anything to do with the baby and...

What are my options [ 7 Answers ]

The mother of my son has lied in court and to her family about me. She has taken my 3 year year old son away and refuses any contact with me or my family. I have had sole legal custidy of my 8 year old daughter for 4 years now and am worried about what her lies will do in regards of me having my...

What are my options? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B.A. in accounting and business (1996). I currently work for $11 an hour in the medical field processing Medicare/Medicaid claims for a private doctor. I would like to earn more money but am uncertain of the possibilities. Do you have any suggestions? I have considered starting my own...

View more questions Search