Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needs2ask Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 07:36 PM
    10 legged spider with amor
    My husband and I came across a black/grey spider with 10 legs while walking in our subdivision. It had thick legs and was walking slowly across the road. It also had a strange armor type shield on its back and pear shaped butt. We went back to take a photo and measure it: 2 inches.
    I googled and found out that solfugids are 10 legged spiders but only the camel spider got any press. And for obvious reason- that thing is impressive.
    I thought we should have collected it but wasn't brave enough to try and capture it.
    What is this spider? Is there anything special about it?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 07:44 PM
    I never heard of that one but I remember the first time I ever saw a banana spider
    And described it to my friend she said yeah and next you are going to tell me it was wearing purple tennies.

Whoa I didn't think it would turn out THAT big!

Here is a search engine on the spider you want to know about
    solfugid spider - Google Search
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 08:31 PM
    I did include the sites that have about the spider
    I guess I should have looked through the sites myself
    But I figured if you read through them yourself you have a better idea of what you would think interesting about them than I do.
    Sorry you didn't like the link I thought they would have something of interest.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 10:14 AM
    needs2ask,
    Does your spider look like this?
    Mygalomorph (probably a male Trapdoor Spider) - BugGuide.Net

You might also find this an interesting read.
    Spiderzrule
    Spider Myths: Some strange beliefs out there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Three-legged giraffe ornament [ 4 Answers ]

My wife has had this unusual 3-legged giraffe ornament for a number of years. She says it made around the 1960's. It stands 25cm high but it has no markings underneath. Can anyone please shed a little more light on it. Thanks

"Te quiero con un amor sincero" [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a song in spanish. All the lyrics I know are " Te quiero con un amor sincero/ un amor primero que entregar una vez" Heard it on a YouTube video for graffiti... YouTube - LOS ANGELES GRAFFITI!!!

3 Legged Chicken :) [ 4 Answers ]

A man was driving along a freeway when he noticed a chicken running alongside his car. He was amazed to see the chicken keeping up with him, as he was doing 50 mph. He accelerated to 60, and the chicken stayed right next to him. He sped up to 75 mph, and the chicken passed him. The man noticed that...

Preventing walking pests from climbing legged furnatures [ 4 Answers ]

How do I preventing walking pests (e.g. ants) from climbing legged furnatures (table)? Would rubbing some petroleum jelly on the lower portion of the table prevent the ants from climbing?

View more questions Search