Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike721 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Breaker Trips
    My furance Circuit breaker The main from the house input has stated to trip. It has happened twice this past weekend?

Any ideas?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2006, 10:35 AM
    A circuit breaker is designed to trip for two reasons, a short circuit or an overload in current. Many times a loose connection can create heat at a terminal on the breaker and will cause it to trip. And of course, a breaker can just be defective from age or fatigue.

Seems that you mention two breakers, the furnace and the main, which one is the problem?
    mike721 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 10:45 AM
    I am sorry, the Furance breaker is the main feed from the house's input. It is a 40 amp breaker.

I will look to see if I have any loose connections and take an amperage reading as well I will keep you posted
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Feb 15, 2006, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike721
    I am sorry, the Furance breaker is the main feed from the house's input. It is a 40 amp breaker.

I will look to see if I have any loose connections and take an amperage reading as well I will keep you posted
    do you have electric heat... air flow restriction will also tripoff the breaker

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Stove Trips 50 AMP Circuit Breaker [ 3 Answers ]

1 Year old Kenmore Stove, Flat Top keeps tripping my 50 AMP circuit breaker. This stove has worked without problem for 1 year without any problems. What confuses me is that the circuit breaker is tripped whether I use the range, the oven, or both at the same time. Could the breaker be bad? To...

My Computer trips a 20 amp breaker... [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 500 watt power supply on my computer, and every time I turn it on in the room that I want to keep it in, the breaker goes. Is this normal? I plug the computer into other outlets on other breakers in other parts of my apartment with no problem, but in the 2 bedrooms that the breaker...

GFCI on breaker panel trips, 3 way, how to find the problem? [ 1 Answers ]

Periodically one GFCI in the panel trips This particular circuit runs an outside outlet, one light in the basement and it seems to work 2 switches and a plug in the family room The problem with the 2 switches in the family room at opposite ends are suppose to turn the plug off and on as a 3...

3-way bulb burns out and trips breaker? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a burnt 3-way bulb fail and trip the breaker? I was away on vacation with a timer on the light in question and when I came home the breaker that powers the circuit was dead and the 3-way bulb was burnt out. I replaced the bulb and all is fine now.

View more questions Search