Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelly4153 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Drain Flies
    We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it.

Our sump pump is in the basement next to our washer. It smelled pretty bad, and this is where we are noticing the flies. We cleaned out the sump pump and poured something that I had gotten from Rex Bac T. the smell isn't as bad and I'm not noticing as many flies but they are still around. We also have something around the bottom of the walls of the basement in case it ever floods.. im noticing the flies right around the sump pump and the bottom of the walls as if they are coming from there.. im hoping to god that we don't have a broken pipe under the house as we haven't even been here a year yet.. any suggestions? These flies are grossing me out! Thanks! Kelly
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 8, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Make sure what pest is. F/ drain flies, remove cvr, clean gunk f/ collar & lid w/ strong cleaner (409, clorox cleanup) maybe brush into drain. Do same along btm wall. Treat w/residual pesticide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have different times of the year that I have drain flies in my house and I would love to know 1. How Do I keep from getting them? 2. How do I get rid of them, if I get them? This drives me CRAZY and I don't know what to do. Please help me

Drain flies [ 4 Answers ]

I am having the drain fly problem in my house in New Jersey. The local pest company professionals identified these as drain flies. The house is 25 yrs old and on a slab. It is a ranch style with no basement. I have two bathrooms one with a shower and a tub. It has been 2 years since I bought...

Fruit flies [ 1 Answers ]

In my apt. How do do kill them pemanently. Got rid of them once some how , bought 3 bananas and they're back. Tried flying insect spray and now into hair spray to avoid my toxicity.

Gnats/flies in drain pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry for posting another question so quick after you answered the first but I had something else I wanted to get your opinion on. This is my first house and I am still learning on how to work simple plumbing jobs. We have a clean-out on the outside of our house so you can access the pipe that runs...

View more questions Search