Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lost69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Judgement procedures
    I will be defaulting on a RV in the next month, my concerns is can the bank come after my personal assets such as small savings or checking acounts. My name in on my wife's business account and I Idon't want to jeopardize her accounts by her business accounts being frozen or garnished. I lost my job and my only income is my SS which just covers my wife's mortgage. I don't know how to start with this default as should I call the bank and just tell them to pick it up. The loan balance (plus attorney fees I am sure) will be around $55,000.00. Can anyone help me here.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 02:49 PM
    First, NO, they don't just come pick it up. If they do, it works just like a repo, unless you make an arrangement with the bank, they will still sell it, and you will owe the balance still.

You best bet is to find someone who may take over the payments, or work out some other payment plan with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stored Procedures [ 2 Answers ]

How to Create Stored Procedures in SQL Server?

German Divorce procedures [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am an American Citizen who married a German Citizen in Germany in 2005. In less than a year, I desided I wanted out of the relationship. We both wrote and signed a paper stating we agreed to be separated from each other as per what a German Lawyer told us to do. I have moved back to...

Procedures for US collections [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone let me know if a US collection agency must follow Ontario Canada procedures if trying to collect from a Canadian citizen living in Ontario?

Postoperative procedures [ 1 Answers ]

This may sound like an odd question, but-- When something is removed during surgery-- an appendix, lanryx, tissue, tumors, gallstones-- what specifically do they do with it? Feed it to the dog? Are there different means of disposal for different stuff? Is there some special container...

View more questions Search