Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacob1123 Posts: 10, Reputation: 4

Apr 13, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Orange hair
    I used garnier permanent choclate blonde hair color on my dark brown head hair and it came out orange instead of the lighter blonde color I was looking for. Is there anybody out there who can give me some advice on how to get rid of the orange and still go to a lighter blonde color or should I redye it a lighter ash blonde over the orange.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 13, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Dark hair contains a lot of red pigment in it. Therefore, if you apply a box of permanent blonde hair color on dark hair, it will result in a red/orange shade. To go from dark to light blonde without the brassy tones, you will need to bleach your hair to remove the underlying pigment and then apply the desired color. You can use a blue-based (cool) ash hair color to counter-act the orange tones in your hair. However, you may still see a hint of orange hue in your hair afterwards. If you have your heart set on being light blonde, your best bet is to do a double process, bleaching and toning. You might want to consider getting it professionally done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have orange hair! [ 2 Answers ]

I went to new hair dressor I had never been to and told him I wanted my hair completely blonde. He bleached it, witch ruined my scalp , but the color was awesome, then put toner in it witch turned my beautifully blonde hair brown, then tried to fix it -n- turned it a yellowy/ orange color! What...

My hair is orange! [ 7 Answers ]

OK! So I'm naturally a dirty blonde and tried lightning up my hair last night. THe bleach turned my roots an orange color while everything else came out good. I need to get rid of that ornage by this afternoon without going to salon. Around how many times will I need to wash my hair? Oh man!...

His hair is orange! [ 1 Answers ]

Yeaterday I died my stepsons hair twice. Once with light beige blonde-turned red... so I tried bleach blonde and now it's orange. What do I do now?! :confused:

My hair is orange! [ 3 Answers ]

Its been about 2 to 3 months now that I've had this hair dye in my hair and its driving me crazy I am a natural black with little strands of red but I tried to dye my hair mid brown HORRIBLE IDEA it turned out orange now the dye is about down to the top of my neck half black half orange!It looks...

Orange Hair! [ 1 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter is a natural blonde. For the past year she has been dying her hair brown. Recently she put a temporary black on her hair and then stripped the color out and tried to put blonde back in. Her hair is orange. Is there anything she can do? I really can't afford to pay to go...

View more questions Search