Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebecca12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Naughty bassett hound
    Can someone please help! I have a 7 month old bassett hound who will not stay on her own in the night. When I go to bed she barks by the living room door. When I first had her I did sleep in the room with her but then eventually I was able to leave her. Now for some reason after sleeping on her own the last two months she will not sleep on her own. She comes in with in with me and goes to sleep straight away. Its becoming a bit of a nightmare. I would leave her bark but I live in a flat and have had the neighbour upstairs complaining so don't want to give him anything else to moan about. I was also wondering if there is a sedative that I can give her that will calm her a bit and which would maybe help her sleep alnight on her own. Your advice would be really helpful. Thanks.
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 13, 2008, 02:58 PM
    You can not give a dog a sedative every night it is not good for them
    Have you tried leaving the TV or radio on or a lamp so she doesn't feel alone?
    Or giving her an old jumper of yours with your smell on it [wear it for the day and put it in her bed]make sure its got your perfume on it and deoderant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Barking bassett hound [ 1 Answers ]

We got a bassett hound from the dogs home where he had been a stray. He is a great little dog apart from him barking when we are out of sight. He is kept with 2 other dogs, we have tried the spray collar and also a vibrating collar , none of them work. The main problem is bed time , he is left to...

Bassett will not eat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old Bassett hound who I took to the emergency vet last Thursday night because he was acting weird. Not excited when I got home, didn't want to do his daily after work walk, not that hungry, shivers, and was acting like he was tipsy/drunk. The Vet did an external physical and said...

Bassett Hound Puppy... How much do I feed her [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 month old Basset Hound puppy who weighs 20 lbs. I was wondering how much I should be feeding her. I currently feed her 2x a day because I work during the day. Also housebreaking is not going well because she is alone for a long period. My other 5 month old puppy can hold it all day....

Bassett Puppy with blister [ 4 Answers ]

My 10 month old Bassett Hound has developed one pencil-eraser-end-sized blister filled with a yellowish fluid. It seems a little sensitive. Her appetite seems good and the other abnormalities are that she seems to urinate more excessively and seems a little warmer in temperature than normal. ...

This for all you naughty guys [ 11 Answers ]

Y do a lot of guys like it when 2 hot girls kiss mouth to mouth I'm a girl and I would do it but I still need an answer! Keep being naughty guys!

View more questions Search