Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lane_boy1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 07:59 AM
    Prism3d not working
    I have the game 18 wheels of steel convoy and it won't start up because prism3d will not start because it can not find the control.def file what do I need to do. "please help"!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 13, 2006, 08:04 AM
    The first thing to try is updating the driver for your graphics card and making sure that you are running the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft.

Feb 13, 2006, 08:10 AM
    My graphics card has all its driver updates. And I have directx 9.0 where does the control.def file come from?
    BossMan

Feb 13, 2006, 08:19 AM
    There is another thread on this site concerning this game.
    It is HERE.

Please read through it and try the suggestions.

Feb 13, 2006, 08:22 AM
    I have the 32 MB Intel 82815 Graphics Controller to what can I do.
    BossMan

Feb 13, 2006, 08:30 AM
    Well, as mentioned on the other thread, the game needs a seperate graphics card and will not run with an Intel graphics controller.
    The only thing you can do is invest in a graphics card, there is a wide range and are inexpensive.

Feb 13, 2006, 08:40 AM
    OK thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prism3d.exe error [ 7 Answers ]

My kids purchase Unlimited Hunting 3 for my birthday, and when I try to run it it comes up with this error, please advise

Ps2 not working [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all Could someone tell me the answer of what I can do here? When me ps2 was still under warranty... I had a problem with "not reading disks" error. I sent the console out for repair and when it returned... things worked fine. Now, the games will not work again! No error comes up at all...

CD-RW not working [ 4 Answers ]

The CD-RW drive is not working. It says that it cannot complete a burn or it says that it is done but there is nothing there or an incomplete burn. The drivers are up to date. Any ideas? The computer is about 3 years old and running Windows XP service pack 2. It is a Pentium 4, 2,4 gHZ and has...

Working on opt [ 1 Answers ]

I am an F1 student on my OPT. I just got a job offer and they want me to work as a contractor for a while i.e. on 1099. Can I do that?

View more questions Search