Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkknight_137 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Tuition
    I seriosly need to know the pros and cons of tuition(extra classes).I am joining a debate:eek: Please send me links to other websites which r related to what I need to know.Please do help and thank you.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 07:41 AM
    Hi, darkknight,
    Here is a link explaining what some companies offer to help pay high tuition costs:
    http://www.factsmgt.com/FACTS/

Your question seems to be a little vague, cause you want to know the pros and cons of tuition, but then put in "extra classes".
    Is your debate on whether to even have tuition? Or, whether to take extra classes.
    Please post back.

Feb 18, 2006, 03:19 AM
    Eerrr,I want the pros n cons of tuition n the definition of tuition is extra classes that's all tnx
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2006, 06:37 AM
    Hi,
    I am so sorry, but I still don't understand your question. In order to be in a debate, you must know how to type something, without using "n", etc. Also, have to be able to express yourself very clearly.
    Now, with that said, are you asking if tuition should be charged for extra classes, and give the reasons or why not?
    Is that what you are asking?
    Thank you.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 18, 2006, 03:51 PM
    You haven't been very clear or given us much to go on, so... Paying tuition -

PRO - Get education. Improve life and possibly advance career opportunities.
    CON - Pay money for education that may not offer you anything of value.

I'd say that there is value in all education, but like anything else there's a balance between what the education costs and what you get for it.

Should you pay $1000 for an "Introduction to the Internet" course? Probably not.
    Should you pay $1000 for an "Introduction to UNIX" course? Maybe, if it's worthwhile for you.

It come down to what kind of value you're getting.

Feb 18, 2006, 07:39 PM
    Lol.It's OK.I am sorry I am not very clear.I just want to know the pros and cons of tuition.Thank you for answering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tuition deduction - F1 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, if I'm on F1 visa, can I deduct tuition as higher education expenses? 4,000? Thanks a lot!

Tuition interest h1b [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Atlanta Tax expert, I have been in the US on an F1b since 1998, I changed status from f1 to h1b in July 2005. Given that my 5 years as a nonresident on f1 ended in 2003, I am filing 1040. I have paid tuition, and also interest on student loans in 2005. The interest was paid to a bank in...

Paying fiancŽ's Tuition? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I am a graduate student and am engaged to be married in August of this year, 2006. The only debt I currently have are undergraduate student loans. I have a small amount of savings and am able to support myself while going to graduate school without taking out more loans. My fiancé...

Tuition fee deductions on H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for your reply. Hi, As per this Link ,http://www.montana.edu/pps/Taxes/SubstantialPresenceTest.pdf I am not sure whether I AM RESIDENT OR NON RESIDENT ALIEN?

Tuition fees deduction [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was on F1 in 2003 and 2004 and now on h1b. I did not claim any eductaion expense tax benefit while I was on F1. So far I paid school fees from my own pocket. Can I claim tuition fees deduction while filing this years return?

View more questions Search