Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Apr 12, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Mole Removal
    Hello everyone!

I have a mole on my stomach.. its not very big but I don't like it.. I was wondering if you can get them cut off? Or what if anyone knows anything on how to remove them please answer! XoXo Thank you!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 05:18 PM
    You need to go to the doctor cutting moles yourself can cause skin cancer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Yes, go to the doctor, depending on what type or kind it is, they will numb the area and cut it off, some skin items are burned or froze off.
    The hardest part was the drive to the doctor.

Apr 12, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Reallly! That's awesome.. my boyfriends dad is a doctor so maybe he will do it? Lol Thank you all so much.. XoXo
    Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Yes, I do have to laugh, I am a "old man" but when I was younger the local (Barber) would cut off a mole for you when you went to get a haircut. Heavens has those days changed.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    yes, I do have to laugh, I am a "old man" but when I was younger the local (Barber) would cut off a mole for you when you went to get a haircut. Heavens has those days changed.
    How funny... accidently or as part of the service?
    Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 05:32 PM
    No, as part of the service, if you told him you had a mole, on your back, neck or arm, they used that straight razor they used to shave you with.
    They would sharpen it on their strap and just slide it right though the mole, and had some "stick" that helped stop the bleeding.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Sounds painful... I figured they dusted flour on it to stop the bleeding. I'm going to ask my father in law if they did this where he came from.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Fr_Chuck, ouch, ouch, and ouch. I had two moles removed by the doctor, they numb and then cut. When the freezing wore of it was uncomfortable, but not painful, now that it's healed there's a slight scar, but nothing major, and definitely better than the mole. I can't imagine how it would feel without the freezing, again, OUCH!

Apr 12, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Do you know if it costs anything to get it removed? Also I live in Canada
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 06:35 PM
    In the sixties I think it was around $200.
    Pets Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 06:39 PM
    In Canada it depends on what your doctor said. If it's a suspicious mole then your doctor will remove it, for free, right in his office. If the mole doesn't present a health risk then it's considered cosmetic and it will cost you, and probably be done by a plastic surgeon, not your doctor.

I had two rather large moles, they were growing, but not considered dangerous. I told my doctor that they were starting to hurt, and that they bled sometimes (the first was true, the second, only because I picked at them) so he decided to remove them for me.

Not all doctors will, even if you tell them that the mole is causing you problems, but get it checked out, if it isn't considered a risk, then try what I did, can't hurt.

Great, now I am advising how to screw the system. Mole removal that is considered cosmetic can be expensive. It's usually around $250.00 for the first mole and then $25.00 for every mole after that. That's the price 5 years ago, I'm sure it's gone up.

Good Luck.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Oh yeah Canada has that free health care where you have to wait months to be seen.
    Pets Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Hee, hee, actually no. If I call my doctor for an appointment I usually get in the same day, if not at least within 3 days. If it's an emergency I can walk in and he will see me. Canada's health care system is actually very good, I've never had any problems, even when I've been rushed to the hospital.

Apr 12, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Thank you all very much! :) I think I am just going to ask my boyfriend's dad to do it.. (hes a doctor) Thank you XoXo
    Pets Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 06:57 PM
    No problem, good luck. Really, it doesn't hurt at all.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 13, 2008, 06:08 AM
    I agree with the others. If you want to get rid of a mole, it's best to see a dermatologist. A dermatologist can examine the mole and determine a procedure that can be done remove it. Laser surgery is one of the most effective way to remove moles. It involves aiming a laser with a specific wavelength of light that is compatible with the pigmented area to remove affected tissue. Please consult a dermatologist or your boyfriend's father about a procedure that's right for you and consultation costs. The cost of removing moles varies depending on the size and severity of the mole.
    Lovelee Posts: 150, Reputation: 5

Apr 23, 2008, 05:51 PM
    About 10 years ago I had a mole removed that was right in the middle of my forehead and I hated it. The dermatologist lasered it off and it was very painless. It only cost me $50.00 and it wasn't so big so it was OK. Glad I did it, it was very unattractive.
    Expert

Apr 23, 2008, 06:37 PM
    I had several removed by the doctor "burning" them off ( sorry don't know the official word) they put a pain killer on each but somehow forgot one of them, when they hit it with that machine, I thought I was going to jump into the lobby. But it was about that 50 dollars a mole but again that was about 8 years ago

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mole-mole ratios [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: Given the fallowing balanced equation, 2Al + 3S -> Al2S3 Q 1. How many moles of Al2S3 will form if we start with 16 moles of Al? Q 2. How many moles of sulfur will be combined with 16 moles of Al? ...

A mole movie [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I've been going crazy trying to find this movie that was in the 90's. It was about this little mole, and I'm pretty sure his name started with an "m" and he somehow gets to this kingdom and meets a princess, and a bad guy comes in.

View more questions Search