Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Apr 12, 2008, 05:05 PM
    American or Delta Airlines?
    Hello everyone!

I am going to be traveling soon and I have always flown with American Airlines. But I was checking Delta's website and it would be about $400 dollars cheaper for me to fly with them. But I have always been with American so I don't know. Does anyone know if Delta Airlines are good? Also I would be flying coach.! AND I would be taking 2 flights to my destination. Thank you! XoXo
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Flown both, really little differnce, depending on where you are going, esp if international flights, watch out for "junk" fees on any of the prices you see online

Apr 12, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Also I am nervous about losing my luggage because I am going to have a few 1000$$ worth of items in it ( like clothing,purses,shoes lol).. so I was wondering do either airlines provide luggage insurance?
    Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Well I don't trust any of them with my luggage, I have not had any of them not lose something except airtran.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Might be 'safer' to go to the thrift store and buy some cheap clothes and leave your Neiman Marcus stuff at home!

Apr 12, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Thank you. Also if I go with delta iwould fly from toronto to atlanta to mexico.. and I see your from atlanta is the delta airport big or no?

Apr 12, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Well I would be gone for a few months so I was going to bring almost everything! Lol
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I thought you were only allowed so many suitcases.
    Better yet buy clothes while there.

Apr 12, 2008, 05:45 PM
    That's true I know with delta you can only have 1 bag and 1 carryon but in american you can have 2 bags and 1 carry on.. hmm I think I will just buy clothes there! Thank you so much xoxoxoxo
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2008, 05:53 PM
    I'd go Delta... Right now I believe that AA is having some problems with the FAA and yes ATL Delta has a big hub.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Yep that would be $400. Extra dollars for clothes but getting them home:confused:
    Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Delta's hub is in Atlanta, the Atlanta Airport is the largest (busy) in the Nation
    ( I think that was there status last year)

You may check that with Delta I heard all of them were going to be changing. But that is correct, American has had 100's of planes grounded this last week, It is suppose to be cleared in a few days I understand.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 07:42 AM
    I'd avoid American for the time being, they're having an awful lot of issues and cancelling a lot of flights.

Delta is fine as far as an airline goes. Coach is coach, you'll get the same basic service with either line.

As far as packing, you don't say how long you will be gone, but try and pack as little as possible. Really look at what you intend to bring and edit based on the temperature of your destination. Try and pack items which are interchangeable (similar colors so everything goes together), and avoid bringing items you can only wear once and require special accessories that can't be used for another outfit. LOTS of people over pack, and it results in more hassle with luggage from the start to the end of your trip. I've started packing carry-on only; no lost luggage, no additional fees, and no waiting at baggage claim!

EDIT: You did say how long you would be gone, sorry! I need to read my own sig! Anyway, you can still probably scale back on what you bring by purchasing things while there (like toiletries), doing laundry frequently, etc. You can also ship some of your stuff before you leave; that way your package is insured and can be tracked.

Enjoy your trip!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 07:49 AM
    American's international flights, however, I think are on the safe side...

... or at least I hope... mainly because I'm flying American to go to Europe...
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 07:54 AM
    The issues with American are supposed to be resolved soon (I think they might be back in business already, actually), but given the number of delayed flights, cancelled flights, and resulting loss of income... I'd be a little worried! But, it does depend on when you are traveling, if it's months out, you're probably OK.

Apr 13, 2008, 12:44 PM
    I would be traveling to mexico from June.11 till August 20. p.s. I live in canada
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 12:55 PM
    I think it is more of a scheduled check that they conveniently over looked rather than any real mechanical problems. They should be done with it before June.
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 04:54 PM
    The plane issues should be over with by June (they are back on a regular schedule as of today), but it's hard to tell what extra fees they might decide to tack on to customer tickets to make up for lost revenues... or what other checks they've "overlooked".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Warrant and Airlines [ 5 Answers ]

My brother has a warrant issued, and we just found this out, however we are boarding an aircraft tomorrow to go out of state for a funeral. When he intentionally went to jail he was bonded out through an agency, and after going to court 2 times the DA hadn't filed charges yet, so he was told not to...

I am planning to be a part of airlines [ 3 Answers ]

Do you think I'll be successful in this field?

Wiring for Temperature Airlines [ 2 Answers ]

I was working on an industrial unit and the wiring was not connected properly. I was connecting airlines that run to the thermostat. Can you tell me how to properly connect airlines to a themostate? Thanks

View more questions Search