Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john_christopher_s Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 11:11 PM
    Php_write in php5 gives cannot read error
    Hi,
    I have used php_write function in PHP4 and it works fine, I have updated my codes to PHP5, I have changed some codes for this and when I use this function php_write php5.
    Please if anybody knows why it happened help to me.

Thank you
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 02:36 AM
    I found no mention of a function called "php_write" in the PHP manual and I've certainly heard of it. So this means one of two things:

1. Either this method has now been depreciated and can't be used in PHP5 (although I still think this would be in the manual) or....
    2. This php_write function is actually one you have written/downloaded and then imported into your PHP page. In this case, I would assume that the code behind the php_write() function is not php5 compatible.

If you could post an example of your code & error message, it might give us a better idea of what's going on.
    john_christopher_s Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 02:41 AM
    Hi Thanks for you help,
    This is in writing extensions. So when we write the extension for the php, we were using C++ programming, there we are using this function. Im able to use this function to create php4 extension dll, while for php5 it gives that error.

Please if you can help to me,

Thank you,
    webi Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2008, 09:40 AM

You should check the functions used in your script for compatibility issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Help - Please Read. [ 7 Answers ]

All right, here's the situation - my ex-girlfriend calls me a few weeks ago, and tells me that she's pregnant. Of course, this is not a situation I'm immediately comfortable with, but it's not because I'm not one to run from a responsibility. See, I'm not going to be here, I'm actually going OUT...

Php5 mysql hosting [ 11 Answers ]

I am looking to hopefully move my web page off my home server (when its complete) to a more capable hosting solution. All I really require of the server is that it supports PHP5 and some fairly recent version of MySQL (although I'm not particularly picky about the MySQL part). Storage and max...

*** Please Read This Before Posting *** [ 0 Answers ]

We're glad you found us - and we're sure you'll find the members here quite informative. A couple important notes: 1. Read the Posting Rules. Disparaging comments to or about other members will not be tolerated. Use the Report Inappropriate Post feature (it appears with every post) to make...

PHP5 Screwy Inherritance [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I have this lovely situation, lets say I have 3 classes, A, B, and C. C derives from B which derives from A (extends). A defines the member function foo. B doesn't do anything regarding foo. C wants to redefine foo. QUESTION: does ignoring an inherrited member function mark it implicitly...

View more questions Search