Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    svatnsdal Posts: 183, Reputation: 20
    -

Apr 12, 2008, 12:53 PM
    How do you get your cats to get along?
    I have lived with cats my whole life, I am a massive cat lover! I have studied them and done animal schooling so I do have a lot of knowledge to animals, mainly cats. However, this is one problem, I have not been able to solve! Fellow friends and Vets have no clue how to solve this, so I am asking other cat lovers to please, please pass on suggestions!

My partner and I got together years ago, he had one cat, Crash (female) and I had two, Cleo and Winston (Female and Male). At first they were not living together, but then we bought a house and they got to meet! We were a little concerned at first, but things went very well. They got along! No problem, they ate together, walked by each other, but never curled together. After a while, Crash started stalking Cleo! Then, Crash would attack Cleo! Now there was nothing changed between the time they were fine to the time they were not! We did try lots of things, but nothing was working. It started getting really bad, then Winston would attack Crash, when Crash attacked his sister!

We tried to figure things out and tried so hard to stop it, but it only got worse. Crash now lives in the basement. I know that sounds awful, but believe me it isn't! Our basement is very large and nice. Mommy and daddy spend a lot of time down there with her. Winston and Cleo have the upstairs and everything is fine now.

I'm looking for any suggestions on things to do. I'm sure I will read things that I'm been told before, but I'm sure I will also read a lot of things I never heard or even thought of.
    I do know this can be very common with female cats.

Please type away suggestions! We keep really hoping we get to have our family back together, side by side.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 01:48 PM
    How I get dogs and cats use to each other is put one in a cage or another room with a GOOD gate between them and let them sniff each other until they are okay with each other.
    BUT with cats it is more their personality than anything and that is HARD to change.
    Cats have very individual personalities just like people so they may never get along.
    svatnsdal Posts: 183, Reputation: 20
    -

Apr 12, 2008, 02:01 PM
    I know, I have two little girls who have very straight out personalities. Cleo, oh boy she is one hell of a b@*%&y girl! She is a complete daddy's girl! Then with Crash, she's more laid back and loves everyone. We do believe the main thing is a fight over their daddy.
    We are really hoping we can stop dreaming and they can get along again.
    Kristen024 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 12:41 PM
    I just actually went through this with my cats. What I did was keep them separated, but a couple times a day I took them out and let them be around each other for as long as I felt comfortable with it. They usually start liking each other, or begin to tolerate one another.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2008, 02:12 AM
    I have two females that hiss and slap one another. After a few uses, all I need to do is look at the squirt bottle (water) and they move apart. They would much rather get along than get wet.
    Lula001 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Apr 16, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Hi there, all of the above may work, or they may not, Cats are just like people in the respect that if they don't like someone, that's it, they may learn to tolerate each other, but you may have to accept the fact that they will never really get along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cats not getting along. [ 2 Answers ]

I have currently 3 cats the first cat named Kaylee has one son living with us and in the past year I adopted over 9 strays but found homes for all but one. Her name is Frankie she is a great companion. My famle Kaylee is awful to the stray. All Frankie does now is hide under my bed. Is there...

9 cats [ 1 Answers ]

I have 9! 4 are about 3 months old. I just dosed them (8) of with Advantage... How long until they can play outside?? And, do I have to bomb my house? Thanks. Brr meow meow

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

Cats not getting along [ 3 Answers ]

I have just got a large male rescue cat, and for the past 4 weeks, my existing cat has hidden in her bed, not interested at all in food or getting any cuddles from us. I am worried they won't get on ever. I could separate their food as I did when he first moved in, but the rescue cat just goes...

Too many cats? [ 8 Answers ]

My significant other moved into my place with me last year. I already had 5 cats. They are all cats I found on the street and adopted. Hey, I was single! When he moved in, he had a cat of his own plus his step-mom gave us another cat last year. So now we have 7. We do not plan on taking in...

View more questions Search