Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedDIYer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Honeywell RTH230B filter indicator
    The filter replacement indicator came on, on the LED display of my RTH230B thermostat. What filter is it talking about? Is there some microscopic filter in the thermostat that I'm supposed to replace? Or does the thermostat think it needs to remind me to have my furnace serviced? (Oil furnace with baseboard hot water.) Or is it telling me to replace a filter in a non-existent A/C? The owner's manual says only that the indicator comes on "after 500 hours of use."

Thank you.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Replace the furnace filter. That is what it means. If you do not have a air filter then just reset. Follow the directions in your owners manual for all settings.
    confusedDIYer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Ahh, a non-problem. Thank you for your prompt response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install Honeywell RTH230B, Removing Honeywell Q674L [ 2 Answers ]

I am removing a old (1987) Honeywell Mercury THermostat Q472L Base that has W, R, Y, G, B, O. The RTH230B has Rc (which I assume to be B), Rh (which I assume to be R), Y (to Y), W(to W), G (to G). I have no idea what to do with the O (which I read could be the Changeover. Do I just tape it up...

Honeywell RTH230B filter change [ 2 Answers ]

Our unit had the Filter light on yesterday and it was blowing very cool, so we changed the filter today and reset the counter, but it is not cooling the house now. We only changed the filter about 2 weeks ago and have been changing it every 3-4 weeks since we got the new thermostat a couple of...

Honeywell rth230b [ 4 Answers ]

This winter I installed honeywell rth230b. Heater works great, but I have no a/c. I have 6 wires from wall. Rh--red Rc--blue W--white Y--yellow G--green Brown not being used Help it is 90 deg. I need my a/c Thank you all

Honeywell RTH230B [ 6 Answers ]

I am installing a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat but am not sure of the wiring. I have 6 wires colored as follows, red, green, white, yellow, and 2 blue wires. Please advise?

Honeywell RTH230B thermostat- filter change? [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell RTH230B thermostat- filter change? The instructions are in spanish -which I don't read/speak- how do I set the program function so it reminds me when its time to change it out? (does it give a visual Que or audible alert?)

View more questions Search