Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccmader Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2004, 06:18 AM
    2001 Dodge Ram Oxy sensor
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4, 318 with Auto. My problem is that the check engine light keeps coming on, the trouble code is P0138 which should be the after Cat Oxy sensor. It is an intermitant problem that seems to happen more when it is wet. I have checked the wiring and can't seem to find any shorts, as well I have tested the sensor and all seems within specs. Can anyone give me a run down with any good ideas as to how I should be checking... maybe I missed something.

Another problem is the truck Pings really badly on the highway when going up even the smallest of hills when in OD, even if it or I shift it into third it still noticeable pings, any ideas. I have heard about a plenum leak causing this, I run regular 89 pump gas and the only mod is a K&N drop in filter.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2004, 06:45 AM
    Re: 2001 Dodge Ram Oxy sensor
    Setting a trouble code often means a sensor is reading out of range. It may read out of range because it is bad, or because of some other problem is causing the engine to be out of balance. A code dump alone may not pinpoint the problem. Easiest fix is getting it on a computer and getting readouts of everything. I did not say cheapest. Poke around, check your injectors, crankshaft position sensor, MAP, MAF, etc. Sometimes you can find the problem yourself.
    ccmader Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2004, 02:42 PM
    2001 Dodge Ram Oxy sensor
    Sure seems like a lot of work for a friggin Oxy sensor. Must be an easier way?

BTW my dealer said that the only way to get the codes out of the truck was to have them put it on the computer. Buddy of mine told me to turn it off and on three times and it spits them out on the odometer.

Any suggestions as how I should go about testing the Oxy sensor. Lite went off again today, of course it hasn't raines... that's why I ask about it grounding out.
    johnjoyner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 05:11 PM
    I have a 2001 dodge 1500 with a 318 my truck is not good on gas what is the fix for this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Dodge Ram overheating [ 11 Answers ]

?? I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 that recently needed the water pump replaced. After replacement the truck kept overheating. I then took the liberty to replace the thermostat as well. I replaced the fan & clutch assembly as well. As far as hardware is concerned, that leaves only the radiator...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Towing [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the towing capacity is for a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 360 and an automatic transmision? I bought it a few months ago and it didn't come with an owners manual.

2001 dodge ram 1500 oil leak [ 1 Answers ]

My dodge ram v6 is leaking oil from the shaft tha comes out of the water pump. There is no oil in the water. Is there a seal that can be raplaced by removing only the fan or is this going to be a total nightmare??

View more questions Search