Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr500 Posts: 181, Reputation: 8

Apr 11, 2008, 09:14 PM
    Stats Books
    Can anyone recommend a good stats/probability book? I took a college course in this about 15 yrs ago. Kind of 4 got it all
    Mike
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 09:34 PM
    Right now for school we use Intro to Stats by DeVeaux, Velleman, and Bock... but it stinks, so I'd suggest just going to a book store and getting something like CliffNotes Statistics, or Statistics For Dummies... it probably has way more explanations than a lot of regular text books and it also has practice problems... all while being wonderfully cost effective (compared to a normal textbook anyway.)

Good luck!

Apr 11, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Yeah had planned on doing that as well just did not know what all was NEW> I may try and find my old text I had. I mean formulas are same and I paid a fortune for that book!!

I'm going to stop in at barns noble and flip through the stats for dummies. I'm hoping some will come back to me once I start hahaah... I mean hell I made a high B so I hope it would

Mike
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Your right... it's math... it can't of changed that much except for calculators.
    CLUBCHAMP04 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Wikipedia.com has some very good statistics info also.

Apr 16, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Wik huh ill check out
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Jul 22, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Where you able to find a good book on this topic? Please let us know how it went.
    sveegaard Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2010, 08:03 AM

Try Probablity and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outliers and stats [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to do my stats homework and was wondering if anyone can help explain outliers are? I mean I get what they are but when given a set of numbers I can't figure out how to tell if a # is an outlier using the IQR. I'm really confused!

Stats question [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out a problem in stats where you can find the probability of a deck of cards. Specifically, a deck of 52 cards, 13 hearts, diamonds, clovers, and spades. The first pic would be a heart. So what is the probably of the second pick being a diamond, clover, or a spade?

2 old T-stats into 1 new digital one. [ 2 Answers ]

I have two thermostats in an old rancher. One is a older model Bard T87F (before Honeywell put their name on it) which only controls the 26vac tank less oil burning heater with just a red and white wires. The second is also a Honeywell T87F wired with green, white, yellow and red wires and...

Stats [ 2 Answers ]

I do stats for our softball team, here's my ? Bases are loaded and the pitcher walks the batter, does the batter get credit for a RBI?

View more questions Search