Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cschreiner13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Want to lose weight
    It is very hard to not eat sweet treats that's the only thing hurting me from losing weight how can I not think about sweet foods?:confused:
    svatnsdal Posts: 183, Reputation: 20
    -

Apr 11, 2008, 09:15 PM
    That is a very, very good question. Strength is the only thing to conquer it! I will check back because I would love to know. I try to spend my time of thinking of sweets on a nice long nature walk, or on a 'lazy ' home cycle machine while I read my schooling.
    I can pass to you, I have heard that giving yourself physical pain when you think of sweets is a good thing! I disagree with it, never give yourself physical pain! I just HEARD this.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Self control like svatnsdal said.

When you have a craving for something sweet replace it with something else like a grape or carrot. A lot of sweets you'll find are now sugar free, and you can probably even find some that are fat free if you try. Candy is not the greatest but you can still eat it a little, portion control is the key. I think about.com has a section where you can track calories and it's pretty easy.

After a few days without candy you'll probably find yourself not thinking about it as often; kind of like going through withdraw and getting over an addiction... it will always be there but after the first few days it will get easier.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

I want to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

I am 31yrs old and now topping the scales at 400lbs. I have tried everything and am now once again going to weight watchers. Does anyone have a success story that they could share about what they did or how they overcame the weight battle?

I can't lose weight! [ 4 Answers ]

I work out almost everyday for about 60-90minutes, at what I think is a rigorous workout. I eat healthy... but I am not seeing any drop in the scale. I used to weight about 120 and now I weigh 140 after some poor eating habits. But, I believe I have got back to good eating habits but my weight is...

I need 2 lose weight! [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya I'm 13 and about 5'3 and weigh 9stone I ve always bin quite curvy but reciently I've noticed that I'm getting a bit too curvy if you know what I mean please help me!! I really want 22 lose some weight and fast except I can't do all than faffing about with my dinner because my mum will think...

Weight lose [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm 16 years old and I weight 205lbs and I have only had one boyfriend because of my weight and I get made fun of because of my weight to I was wonder what I should do to lose my weight before the summer so I can start dating some guys in the new school next year and you help me..

View more questions Search