Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 05:35 PM
    I need help with picking a dress.
    I am a sophomore and I am going to my boyfriends schools semi-formal winter carnival dance. I don't want to be to dressed up since I don't know many of the people there. I am 5' 4", brownish hair, brown eyes, freckles, and kind of tan but not really. And I like darker colors. I also am not looking to spend much on this because I will only wear it once. Please make suggestions!! Thank you so much! :)

P.S. It has to be short and must have straps... :rolleyes:
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 13, 2006, 01:03 AM
    DaniU, I think darker colors will look flattering on you. I've posted a website below that has some really cute short semi-formal dresses that's affordable. You may also want to look through magazines for the trends in semi-formal dresses. Or, you can visit your local stores and try on different dress styles to decide which style will look good on you.

http://www.promgirl.com/shop/promdre...under-100?sr=1
    Jackhammer Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2006, 05:58 AM
    I think you would look good in a dark dress. Maybe try borrowing one from your friends/family, or buy one from a charity shop. It is cheap and for a good cause. You can find some real bargains!

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Picking a dress color [ 27 Answers ]

:-/okie dokie we have a semi-formal dance coming up in may, and its kind of like a mini-prom (im in 8th grade) and the girls all wear dresses. My question is, how do I know what color(s) to look for? I have medium blonde hair, dark brown eyes, and your typical winter pale skin. Im thinking black,...

Bride dress. [ 9 Answers ]

Please my friend is getting married,and I would like you to give me all the sites that are available for a bride dress.Thanks.

Help! Need dress [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is my scenario. I have all of my bridesmaid dresses and my dress, but I need semi formal dresses for my candlelighters that aren't expensive (Like under $40) They have to have thick straps and be covering everything (couldnt think of the word) Can anybody help me? :( :confused:

Dyson 04, not picking up properly. [ 1 Answers ]

My Dyson 04 is not picking up properly, unless I push the front down with my foot. As soon as I alter the angle of the handle it stops picking up again until I press down on the front again. The suction is great, the cyclone is turning, I have removed the baseplate and reassembled it. Grateful for...

Picking a Operating System [ 3 Answers ]

I have a PII 400MHz PC with 64MB RAM. What Operating system would you run on this machine. Is WIN98 still supported? Thanks, Tech Man

View more questions Search